Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    I would ask for a new one and make sure they package it much better then just throwing it in a box.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    The best solution IMO is to have the seller send you a new one properly packed along with a return shipping label. Pack the damaged lower in the new shipping package, apply the prepaid label and ship it back.
    This. Why mess with inspections, negotiating partial refunds and always second guessing?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by th365thli View Post
    I was skeptical too, but the shipper (dealer in Texas) said not to worry, that's how they receive them from factory. So I'm just not sure what to believe. Tried calling them, no one answered.
    Ive ordered over 30 lower units in the last 9 months at the store and yet to have a box come in broken from Merc or Yamaha. Now I do have trolling motors come in with blown apart boxes all the time.

4. Member
    Ok I will be that guy. Is it just me or is this guy nuts for accepting it in the first place. Then after all the advice from here he still is going to do it his way. Return the damm thing already.. Good luck bud..
    2015 189 trx

I shipped a sport master...framed in wood and wrapped like a mummy in multiple layers of bubble wrap..before boxing.

That shipping job for the OP looked amateurish.

Bought a Parkit 360 from a BBC member. He made a box out of 3/4 plywood, secured the unit inside, screwed or nailed the box shut and FedEx delivered it in perfect shape. Not only delivered it, but two wheeled it 85 feet to the shop.

It isn’t that hard to do

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by z7extreme View Post
    Ok I will be that guy. Is it just me or is this guy nuts for accepting it in the first place. Then after all the advice from here he still is going to do it his way. Return the damm thing already.. Good luck bud..
    I have admitted multiple times I should not have accepted it. I feel we're beating a dead horse now but thanks for your input.

Returning it is still on the table. Just waiting for what my dealer says. I trust their input.

8. Member
    If I were to return it I would need to figure out how to package it. The original box is a no go, and I live in an apartment, don't really have means to make a box myself

If I were to return it I would need to figure out how to package it. The original box is a no go, and I live in an apartment, don't really have means to make a box myself
    I would go to Wal Mart/Lowes and get a roll of shrink wrap and wrap it up tgen wrap in moving blankets and pad inside of box.

10. Member
    Look up craters and freighters. I have used them with success before for some very odd shaped piping components I was returning to a customer.
    I'd Rather be Fishing

Read post #60...

As far as trusting your dealer, that's a good thing but if something happens 3 months down the road then what?

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

12. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I guess my big question is why didn't you buy the gear case from your local trusted dealer, Precision Marine instead of a dealer in Texas?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishing Addict View Post
    Look up craters and freighters. I have used them with success before for some very odd shaped piping components I was returning to a customer.

I agree, I have used them.

A couple of things and I promise not to say “You should not have accepted it.”

If this is a new LU, it will no longer be under warranty as it was damaged. I would want a new LU, not a discounted, damaged one.

UPS and Fedex offer packaging services. I was in my UPS store last month and a guy brought in some farming contraption about the size of a transmission. They charged him $100 to package it up. Have UPS box it up for you then ship it back to the seller. When they receive it, they should ship you a new one packaged correctly!

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    I guess my big question is why didn't you buy the gear case from your local trusted dealer, Precision Marine instead of a dealer in Texas?
    Great question. Two reasons.

1. Only Shaver Marine had them in stock. Would've had to wait at least a month for Precision to get it.
    2. It was $300 cheaper and they covered shipping.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    A couple of things and I promise not to say “You should not have accepted it.”

If this is a new LU, it will no longer be under warranty as it was damaged. I would want a new LU, not a discounted, damaged one.

UPS and Fedex offer packaging services. I was in my UPS store last month and a guy brought in some farming contraption about the size of a transmission. They charged him $100 to package it up. Have UPS box it up for you then ship it back to the seller. When they receive it, they should ship you a new one packaged correctly!
    Good points, but the warranty logic doesn't apply here. New, used, damaged, undamaged, Suzuki does not warranty lower units

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234