Thread: New 625

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New 625

I am really considering ordering a 625. I have a few questions as its a boat I am not super familiar with. Not many are around and the website is dreadful. I coming out of a Triton 2018 20TRX I do love the ride of this boat. Is the 625 a dry ride? especially at idle in rough water while graphing? How is the fit and finish? I consider Basscat top notch. close to that? Or is it on the low end? Is it truly a 80mph boat with a Merc? How is the fishability? Stable? How does it list when two people are fishing on the same side? Any info would be great. Hoping to order next week. I am just so on the fence.

2. Member
    I also like the 625. I will be interested to see what decision you make and if order one please keep us posted on progress.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

3. Member
    I guess this thread sums up Blazer. You just cant get any info on them. lol. The only real info I have found is on Kens video. But that is of a 650. Tells me nothing of a 625.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTN View Post
    I also like the 625. I will be interested to see what decision you make and if order one please keep us posted on progress.
    I will if I do but I am starting to lean against it.

5. Member
    If you have FB you can join the Blazer page and you will get a lot more info there. I would not rule out a 625 because of lack of activity here...

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssntmd8r View Post
    If you have FB you can join the Blazer page and you will get a lot more info there. I would not rule out a 625 because of lack of activity here...
    Thanks.

7. Member
    Find their rep on there, Chris Williams. He’s a great guy and will give all the info you need.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP

8. Member
    Never stepped foot in one. I’ve seen some videos on the boat and it is well thought out. Good luck with your search

9. Member
    Nearly 2 years ago, after watching the video with Bradley Dortch running a 625 Elite through the curves in a snakey river, I was interested in the boat and set up a test ride at a dealer. I didn't get to drive it, the salesman drove it. I don't think he opened it up all the way, but I don't think it would be an 80 mph boat. Fit and finish was good. I'm tall and felt that the bottom edge of the dash was too low (salesman admitted that several tall guys had made that comment about the boat) and the storage compartments behind the seats were kind of shallow and therefore smaller than I'm use to. Wind was pretty light and the lake pretty calm so did not get a good measure of how dry the ride would be in rougher water. We stopped in a cove and he handed me a rod and I threw a few casts while running the trolling motor. If I remember correctly, he got up on the back deck and moved around some to show it did not list much and was pretty stable.

10. Member
    My boat is a 2019 with a Merc 250 ProXS 4S and it has run 79.7. I do have all lithium batteries but it was loaded to fish and full of fuel. It has run 79.1 loaded with two people. I have been very happy with every aspect of the boat other than backwash when coming off plane. That is a known issue and you would just have to get used to feathering it down.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssntmd8r View Post
    My boat is a 2019 with a Merc 250 ProXS 4S and it has run 79.7. I do have all lithium batteries but it was loaded to fish and full of fuel. It has run 79.1 loaded with two people. I have been very happy with every aspect of the boat other than backwash when coming off plane. That is a known issue and you would just have to get used to feathering it down.
    I’ll second this post. Very happy with mine. Also running 79+ solo tournament loaded, and rides excellent in my opinion at all speeds, handles really well too. I have had a Gambler, Stratos, and a Nitro previously. Fit and finish is great as well, compared to other new boats like a skeeter. At an idle in rough water it’s dry for scanning. As stated my only complaint is the backwash, but you’ll learn to feather it.

12. Member
    Thanks for the input guys. I did end up ordering one. Now the wait begins. lol.

13. Member
    Keep us posted and what color did you get?
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP

14. Member
    Came out of a Skeeter. Running a 2020 625 had it a year now ,the more i run this boat the more i like. The Skeeter served me well 11 years no problems, but its not the boat the Blazer is. My 2 cents worth. you'll enjoy it. Just learn to feather it when coming of plan.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by striper joe View Post
    Came out of a Skeeter. Running a 2020 625 had it a year now ,the more i run this boat the more i like. The Skeeter served me well 11 years no problems, but its not the boat the Blazer is. My 2 cents worth. you'll enjoy it. Just learn to feather it when coming of plan.
    Good to hear. I am really looking forward to it.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTN View Post
    Keep us posted and what color did you get?
    I went with a flat color. Same color of the boat in the Ken Smith video. I forget the name, but I call Battleship Grey. lol.

17. Member
    I have done a TON of research on different bass boats. Particularly performance bass boats. It really does seem that what you get for the money, a Blazer 625 Pro Elite is hard to beat. They're cheaper than Bullets and Ballistic. Ballistic is doing some things with their fiberglass that no one else is which is labor intensive which is why i went with that but if i weren't in a Ballistic, id be in the 625. Just a super good boat

18. Member
    I wouldn't let the backwash concern you, back in the day all bass boats did this so feathering coming off throttle was second nature to everyone who owned a bass boat, nothing to it, when you set her down just goose the throttle a bit, problem solved.

19. Member
    What’s the ballpark price on a 625 with a 250?
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP

20. Member
    21 model 65-73K depends on add ons or 58 - 63K on a low hour used 20 model

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast