Lake Fork Suggestions

Hey Guys,

The family and I are coming down to Fork over Spring Break at the end of March for 5 days. We will be down there Monday through Friday, hoping that will relieve some of the pressure I hear about on the lake. We have booked a cabin at Popes and I was able to schedule a full day with Lance Vick. I am super pumped about coming down. It is almost a 700 mile drive one way for us. Is there anything you suggest doing down there off the water, in case the weather get crappy? My sons are 10 & 13. Is there much for my wife to do the days she doesn't feel like fishing?

Thanks!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    2006 Ranger 521 svx
    2006 Evinrude Etec E225DHLSDF #05135216

(Dads)
    1995 Champion 202
    1997 Johnson Venom 200STLEUB SN# G04338914 Built 4/97

Hooten's Hardware in Emory has a large selection of unique country items for the kitchen and home, and a good firearm selection if you want to shop. The TP&W fish hatchery is in Athens about 45 miles away. It is partially open now, and hopefully it will open for tours, etc. before you come. Google for things to do in Tyler, Longview, Sulphur Springs and Greenville, and see if anything else interests you. The Skeeter Boat factory is in Kilgore 70 miles from Emory, but they are not having plant tours at this time due to the China Virus. You might give them a call and see if they are going to be opening them up. Hope you have a great trip!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodakrep View Post
    Hey Guys,

The family and I are coming down to Fork over Spring Break at the end of March for 5 days. We will be down there Monday through Friday, hoping that will relieve some of the pressure I hear about on the lake. We have booked a cabin at Popes and I was able to schedule a full day with Lance Vick. I am super pumped about coming down. It is almost a 700 mile drive one way for us. Is there anything you suggest doing down there off the water, in case the weather get crappy? My sons are 10 & 13. Is there much for my wife to do the days she doesn't feel like fishing?

Thanks!
    Get boatlanes chip that Vick sells............

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RGK456 View Post
    Get boatlanes chip that Vick sells............
    I agree! Best money spent if going to boat on your own on lake fork!

5. Member
    Dobyns has moved their HQ to Sulphur Springs about 30 minutes form Popes
    Proverbs 3: 5&6

6. Member
    El Manna Mexican Food
    Marshall's BBQ
    Bro"s Cajun-Fish at Fisherman's one stop
    Verona Italian
    Send her to Tyler to shop