Thread: FXP Props?

Question FXP Props?

I wondering if anyone has run these turbo FXP props compared to factory Yamaha's. I am asking cause I need a spare prop and would also like to knock my rpm's down 150-200. Currently running 25p Yamaha sho, 6100 rpms around 71 mph. So I guess my ? would be is the FXP 26 going to knock me to far out of rpm range that I'm looking for (5900) or should that be about right and what kind of performance has anyone seen from these? Boat is 2018 zx225, 225 SHO, manual jack, no poles or talons, light tackle load. Any opinions or suggestions welcome.

Have ran a few FXPs over the years. Great props. They are owned by Yamaha. Usually just use same pitch as Yamaha recommended prop.

3. Member
    I have a 25 FXP and a 26 FXP. I live in Texas, so it can get quite hot in the summer. I run the 25 FXP in the summer to keep RPMs up, and 26 FXP in the winter.
    X

4. Member
    Buddy of mine has same boat, dealership put fxp 26p on it due to 25p sho not being available at the time, he said it is very close to same performance.