Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cabelas and Bass Pro?

Has there shipping been slow? I ordered from cabelas.com on January the 5th, and it still has not shipped. Just curious if anyone else has had the same experience.

2. Member
    It’s not just them. There are a lot of folks complaining about shipping taking so long. I’m waiting on a gallon of oil now so I can rebuild the hydraulic steering on my boat. I finally got everything else, but need the oil & of course it hasn’t made it yet.

Everything is like that heck even bills are coming late in the mail.

The first time I inquired through chat. Guy states there doing inventory in there warehouses. I called 6 days later and the lady says there overwhelmed with orders. Almost like every order there is that far behind.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by RANGER487 View Post
    Everything is like that heck even bills are coming late in the mail.
    Yep, my wife received an email yesterday about her needing to expect that her credit card bill will arrive late and a payment she mailed on one of my credit cards has yet to arrive after 27 days. Of course we should be doing all of this on-line but my wife still likes to look at a couple of the bills before paying them. I think she's now changing her view on this.

Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    Yep, my wife received an email yesterday about her needing to expect that her credit card bill will arrive late and a payment she mailed on one of my credit cards has yet to arrive after 27 days. Of course we should be doing all of this on-line but my wife still likes to look at a couple of the bills before paying them. I think she's now changing her view on this.
    We are still old school and dont have online banking either. I had to make a payment over the phone last week because they said its not there fault if the mail is slow. The bill showed up 2 days later but would have not made it on time if I would have waited.

7. Banned
    Everyone seems to be slow right now. Carriers are swamped to boot also.

I've ordered from Amazon, Sams, Chewy and Home depot. All have shipped/ arrived on-time as if pre covid. Now the post office wow, I don't think they are even trying there so slow.

9. Member
    Slow I placed my order 11/29/2020 ???
    2018 BASSCAT COUGAR FTD
    MERCURY 250 PRO XS 2B524980

I placed a relatively simple order on Dec. 31st. One of the items I ordered had to come from the manufacturer directly, the other 4 crankbaits came from BPS. I received the merchandise from the manufacturer 10 days ago ..... still waiting as of this writing for the 4 crankbaits coming from BPS themselves !!
    The crankbaits were in stock at the time of placing my order.
    BPS is full of crap telling customers its shipping delays or overwhelmed with orders. They just don't want to employ more people to handle the increased work load. Hell California is in virtual lockdown but Tackle Warehouse still gets there orders out in a reasonable amount of time, all things considered.

I only ordered from BPS because I received a gift card from a family member for Christmas. I will never order from them again ... at least not on my dime I won't.
    Ridiculous
    2024 Bass Cat Puma STS
    2024 Mercury V8 ProXS 250hp

I got a gift card for Christmas and ordered some crank baits, 3700 boxes and some miscellaneous terminal tackle items. All were in stock when I ordered on 1/2/2021. It just shipped yesterday via Fedex.

Orders are slow to ship for sure.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

12. Member
    Have you gone into bass pro or cabela's lately shelves are empty.

13. Member
    2-3 week shipping at some places right now

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter_tzx View Post
    I've ordered from Amazon, Sams, Chewy and Home depot. All have shipped/ arrived on-time as if pre covid. Now the post office wow, I don't think they are even trying there so slow.
    Yes!! I ordered a cigar humidor on ebay, it was shipped on 12/22 through usps and I still don't have it!!
    2003 Bass Cat Cougar FTD
    2003 Evinrude 225HO

15. Member
    I ordered from bass pro I think 1/4 and they told me it would ship 1/14. I already got it last week. Shipped fedex. When they told me that I say huh. They told me they were still backed up because of the holiday. Ordered from tackle warehouse on 1/7 and it just shipped 1/12. With all that said I bought a rod from a guy over towards the Philly area here in Pa. I am on the Pittsburgh side of Pa. It shipped Monday (USPS) and is to be delivered tomorrow (Friday). My Tackle Warehouse order shipped (UPS) Tuesday and is be here Monday. Now UPS don't deliver on Saturday or it would be here, but how can it take 5 days for a package to travel 4 hrs and a package coming from the California take 4 days. USPS doesn't make sense.
    2019 Nitro Z19
    200 HP Mercury Pro XS 4s

16. Member
    I placed a BPS small order on 12/16/20
    got it 1/9/21

I placed an order for a seat pedestal and base plate 2 days ago with BP. Got an email yesterday saying it had been shipped. I guess we'll see.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

18. Member
    Without knowing what is happening internally at these companies its hard to know what is going on. If staffing levels are low due to covid i can totally see delays happening given that order volumes are probably higher. I have personally seen both ends of the spectrum where stuff has taken weeks just to get shipped and others ship the following day.

Then there is the issue of the carrier themselves. They have had issues too, for instance my wife ordered something from California back in November that shipped two days later and it still has not hit our doorstep yet. Tracking says its at a distribution facility 20 miles away from us and its been there for weeks. UPS cant seem to find it.

I've had good luck lately with shipping, the ammo we bought the week before Christmas arrived the Wed. before Christmas, took less than a week. My Audew took less than a week, and the knife sharpener kit took about 9 days. Our Mercury and Volvo parts have been slow arriving, and lots of parts are on a national back-order.

(606)305-1956

I ordered some line and a few other things from Bass Pro on Sunday and it arrived yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised.
    The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer up someone else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast