New Solix Software Update 3.900 Posted on 1/13/21

This update appears to only have a single fix added from the V3.890 update (see the first bullet below). It also doesn't appear to address the Bluetooth single device support step backwards from V3.890. Also, the Solix G3s are now listed in the Software Update list.

Software Description

PLEASE NOTE:

• The only difference between 3.900 and 3.890 is a fix for SD card readers issues on the SOLIX 10 “G1”.
    • If you are already running 3.890 on a SOLIX 10 G1, you will have to insert two SD Cards into the SOLIX 10 at the same time before boot time to work around the issue.
    • One card must include the 3.900 update.
    • Install the 3.900 update from the Files Tool on the Home Screen.
    • This software update is not compatible with ONIX models. If you update to this software on your SOLIX from 3.350 or older, your unit will no longer be compatible over the Ethernet network with ONIX.
    • Software version 3.500 or greater must be installed prior to 3.900.
    • No damage will occur if 3.500 or greater is not installed, but the update will not be successful.
    • Once 3.900 is installed, the factory recovery will be updated to 3.900.
    • You will not be able to recover back to previous software versions.
    • The defaults will be restored when 3.900 is installed.

Affected Models:

• 411050-1 - SOLIX 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G2
    • 411040-1 - SOLIX 15 CHIRP MEGA DI+ G2
    • 411030-1 - SOLIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G2
    • 411020-1 - SOLIX 12 CHIRP MEGA DI+ G2
    • 411010-1 - SOLIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G2
    • 411000-1 - SOLIX 10 CHIRP MEGA DI+ G2
    • 410420-1 - SOLIX 15 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS
    • 410410-1 - SOLIX 15 CHIRP GPS
    • 410400-1 - SOLIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS
    • 410390-1 - SOLIX 12 CHIRP GPS
    • 410490-1 - SOLIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS
    • 410470-1 - SOLIX 10 CHIRP GPS

Updated Features:

• Added support for networking with new SOLIX G3 Models.
    • Added Bluetooth Device List support for the new Minn Kota Raptor Stomp Switches.
    • Moved Sonar Range up in the UI so that it is more accessible.
    • Added negative 2D sonar sensitivities for greater control over the 2D return.
    • Changed the name of the “Default” waypoint marking mode to “Quick Mark”.

General Fixes:

Chart:

• Fixed an issue that was causing Navionics Auto-Routing to not function correctly.
    • Fixed an issue with Autochart Live visibility and transparency.
    • Fixed an issue where the zoom key and encoder knob would cause chart to continuously zoom in and out.
    • Fixed several issues with SmartStrike search results.
    • Fixed several issues with Coastmaster navigation icons.
    • Fixed several Navionics UI issues.
    • Fixed several issues where navigation readouts were not clearing after navigation was cancelled.
    • Fixed an issue where occasionally the chart cursor would not have valid x/y coordinates.

Bluetooth

• Improved Bluetooth reliability by only allowing one connected device-type paired to a single control head. Users may change between paired device types to make multiple Bluetooth device-type connections (ex. FishSmart and Talon connections). Additionally, users may make individual connections from multiple control heads in order to support Bluetooth control of multiple device-types over the Humminbird Ethernet Network, as listed below.
      • Humminbird FishSmart and smartphone connection
      • Minn Kota Talon anchors (Up to two anchors and connected remotes and foot switches)
      • Minn Kota Raptor anchors (Up to two anchors and connected remotes and foot switches)
      • Cannon Optimum downriggers (Up to four Cannon Optimums, FishHawk X4D integration and Cannon app)

• Fixed several issues with incoming call notifications.
    • Fixed an issue with disconnected phone status.

NMEA 2000

• Fixed an issue receiving data from various NMEA 2000 devices caused by having multiple NMEA 2000 drops connected to SOLIX units on the same Ethernet network.
    • Fixed an issue receiving fuel data over Ethernet vs. via NMEA 2000 caused by having multiple NMEA 2000 drops connected to SOLIX units on the same Ethernet network.
    • Fixed an issue where NMEA 2000 would not reconnect after rebooting a SOLIX unit.

RADAR

• Fixed an issue where RADAR Range Sync was not working.
    • Fixed an issue where the RADAR background colors were incorrectly changing when the RADAR color palette was changed.
    • Fixed an issue with adjusting RADAR Sector and Circle Guard Zone adjustment.

SONAR

• Fixed a performance issue with Side Imaging Range adjustment.
    • Fixed an issue where sonar views would not display correctly after changing views or minimizing/normalizing a view.
    • Fixed an issue where digital depth was not tracking correctly while using certain Airmar transducers.
    • Fixed an issue where MEGA 360 detection would fail after multiple transducer type changes.
    • Fixed a ping rate issue caused by setting the Water Type to Salt Water.
    • Fixed an issue where restoring CHIRP settings would set the default sonar frequencies to the wrong values.
    • Fixed an issue where manually configuring an Airmar transducer would default sonar frequencies to the wrong values.
    • Fixed an issue with several SI and MSI transducers that were defaulting sonar frequencies to the wrong values.
    • Fixed an issue where marking a waypoint on MEGA 360 when no sonar data is present would mark a waypoint at 0/0 coordinates.

SYSTEM

• Fixed an Ethernet networking issue caused by restarting units.
    • Fixed an Ethernet networking issue caused by extended usage.
    • Fixed an Ethernet networking issue caused by adding a new unit to the network.
    • Fixed an Ethernet networking issue caused by inserting or removing SD cards.
    • Fixed an Ethernet networking issue caused by RADAR.
    • Fixed an Ethernet networking issue caused by i-Pilot Link.
    • Fixed several networking issues caused by prior networking sync failures.
    • Fixed several general networking reliability and usability issues.
    • Fixed several touchscreen performance and reliability issues.

Software Prerequisites

• You will need:
      • software version 3.500 or later (see note at top of this page)
      • a working MMC/SD reader/writer device attached to your PC and
      • a formatted 32GB Class 10 or MMC/SD card
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

2. Member
    So nice of humminbird to include the G3’s, not sure why, they seem to be made of fairy dust.

3. Member
    By listing the GEN 3 units tells me they’re about to start shipping...at least that’s good news. Only have been waiting months with them, but I’m sure they will be sent to boat builders first before parts warehouse. Ugggg !

4. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I have heard that they have been shipping but probably to distributors and manufacturers. The fact that the G3s are listed indicates to me that the initial wave of G3s are probably shipping with Version 3.890.
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

The only difference between 3.900 and 3.890 is a fix for SD card readers issues on the SOLIX 10 “G1”.

•If you are already running 3.890 on a SOLIX 10 G1, you will have to insert two SD Cards into the SOLIX 10 at the same time before boot time to work around the issue.
    •One card must include the 3.900 update.

Strange that they say effected models are
    •411050-1 - SOLIX 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G2
    •411040-1 - SOLIX 15 CHIRP MEGA DI+ G2
    •411030-1 - SOLIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G2
    •411020-1 - SOLIX 12 CHIRP MEGA DI+ G2
    •411010-1 - SOLIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G2
    •411000-1 - SOLIX 10 CHIRP MEGA DI+ G2
    •410420-1 - SOLIX 15 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS
    •410410-1 - SOLIX 15 CHIRP GPS
    •410400-1 - SOLIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS
    •410390-1 - SOLIX 12 CHIRP GPS
    •410490-1 - SOLIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS
    •410470-1 - SOLIX 10 CHIRP GPS

So I guess since I have a g1 12" and 10"

I need to do this on both units to avoid any network conflicts?
    "The handicapped angler"

6. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Interesting... I just downloaded the 3.900 update and unzipped it in preparation to install it on my Solix 15 SI+ G2. The 3.890 update file was 817,121K but the 3.900 update file is 966,981K. That's a huge jump in update size to just be one small SD card reader change. I'm now wondering if Humminbird slipped in some other stuff that wasn't included in the description... Like networking with the Apex.

I'm going to do the install this evening and will report back once I have a chance to check it out. Based on the 3.900 update description, I should see zero difference on my Solix 15 since the SD "tweak" only applies to the Solix 10.

7. Member
    I have had some problems with my SD chips being read on my Solix 10 g2.
    Micro SD only.

8. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I have had a chance to go out twice with the 3.900 software version. At this point, I can't see any difference from the 3.890 software version so I have no idea why the file is so much larger. I can also confirm that the Bluetooth still limits you to a single connected device type.