Remote drain plug-cable cockeyed from bilge pump?

Wet to install remote plug today and after getting everything done it appears the cable slides but not enough to open and close the contraption. Can't get a straight shot with the bilge pump right there and wondering if that is the issue.

Anyone done one of these on a Triton and had this same issue?

2. BBC SPONSOR
    See if you can shift the bilge pump.

3. Member
    Since getting at the drain area to massage the line for the remote drain requires 2 batteries and the oil reservoir be pulled to access it and I don't want to get back down in there for years I'm going to replace all pumps and move that devil that's in the way and hope that solves it.
    Last edited by dbs1; 03-04-2021 at 11:02 PM.

4. Member
    I installed one this week in my Triton TR21. I lifted one of the livewell fill hoses and slid the pump a little under the hose.
    Mine works fine.

I would suggest taking another look at the cable where it clamps in place at both the switch and particularly the plug. Sounds like the outer cable is moving as the design certainly has enough inner cable to open and close. Look at the switch first, ensure its clamped and the inner and outer sit correctly.
    Then take out the whole plug assembly, still attached to the cable, operate the switch and watch what’s happening
    2018 TRX 18. 2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8

6. Member
    Right now the boat is at the dealer getting several items done, including replacing all pumps and hopefully getting the remote drain to work. Before putting it all back together I unscrewed the plug off the boat and tried operating it out of the hole. It worked fine doing that.

I'm hoping moving the bilge pump is going to solve the issue. Since just having shoulder surgery I'm not able to tackle it myself.