Orochi XX Ronin or Shaky Head Special

I need input from people who have fished both or own both. Trying to decide which rod would round out my arsenal.
    Looking for feedback.

What do you plan on using the rod for? What weight and type baits do you want to use the rod for?

I don’t think that really matters because I’m asking for opinions on others experiences with the rods, but since you asked: wacky senkos, shaky heads, jerkbaits. Fishing from around docks/cover to open water. Ideally I’d have two rods but I can only choose one.

Here is my take as all I fish are Megabass rods. This is just my opinion so take it for what it’s worth. To me, the Ronin’s strength is by far jerkbaits. Vision 110, flap slap, and the Trick Darter. Shakeyhead Special excels at bottom contact. So my advice is you would need both. You can do any of the techiques you mentioned on both rods you mentioned. They are both close in power. Ones a 3.5 and the other is a 4 power. But like I said, if you really want to be dialed in then I would pick the Ronin for Jerkbaits and the Shakeyhead Special for bottom contact.

5. Member
    I bought the Megabass Orochi XX Shakyhead last year to fish exactly that shakyheads, I missed more fish last year than ever using that rod. I felt the fish just couldn't bury the hook. The Shakyhead rod is going to be used for my Ned Rigs this year which I think it's much better suited for the light wire open hooks.

Not sure what the F3.5 in the model number of the rod is on the Megabass Site, if they are saying that's the power of the rod I don't believe it for a minute.
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax