What shaft length for TM?

Wondering what TM shaft length everyone is running on their Xpress? Currently have a 45" 80lb 24v and looking to upgrade to 36v.

Allen

The longer the boat, The longer the shaft needed... In big waves.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    Probably depends on the type and location of waters you fish. My 2021 X 18 came with the long shaft Foretrex which I think is 54" long. Way to long for the waters I mainly fish which are shallow and grassy and no big rolling waves. Pick it up to get out of the grass and it sticks up about 8-9" above the top of the base. The short shaft would have been a better fit for me.

4. Member
    My X19 came with a 52” Ultrex. It was too long for my taste. I had to raise it up all the way so that I wasn’t hitting bottom all the time. When stowed the port rod locker lid rubbed the head of the trolling motor. When deployed the trolling motor head was a lure magnet. I swapped to a 50” Garmin Force (comparable to 45” Ultrex) and like that length much better.

I fish mostly Coosa River stuff. On large bodies of water the shorter trolling motor would probably be out of the water as much as in it. For me, the shorter shaft is the better compromise. For someone that spends most of their time offshore on big water then the longer shaft would be the better compromise.

5. Member
    I got a 52" Ultrex on my 2020 X18.....wish I had the 45. I dont fish enough big water to justify tbe long shaft... just gets in the way when i want to make a low trajectory cast

6. Banned
    52" I bought a 45" as a backup and it blew out too much so I stayed with the 52" when I upgraded to the Fortrex, I'll stay with the 52" when I get an Ultrex.
    I fish Oneida and the St.lawrence etc so it's necessary for me.