Cylinder compression readings

I have a 2001 optimax 3L DFI 225 SN ot305247. If the only information you had to diagnose the health of the engine were the compression readings, how would you rate the health of this one:

Cyl 1-75, cyl 2-80, cyl 3-80, cyl 4-85, cyl 5-70, cyl 6-70

I had the engine warmed up, the throttle wide open, all the plugs removed, and the coils grounded.

2. Member
    poor if your gauge is correct and adequate battery , how many hrs on it
    Last edited by JOE54; 01-14-2021 at 07:52 AM.
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. BBC SPONSOR
    How does the engine run? With numbers that low I would question the gauge used. I would also inspect the reeds. I'm not an expert just thought I'd throw my .02 in.

4. Member
    i too would try another gauge ^^^^^+1
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    Its a brand new gauge but it is from harbor freight tools and they sell the cheapest stuff out there. My engine is 20 years old and has 900 hours.

6. Member
    Compression gauges are one of those tools that you either need to buy a really good one, or take the engine to someone that has one. A cheaper gauge is rarely accurate and very untrustworthy.