2005 Optimax 175 - Dead Cylinder, Rebuild advice

I recently picked up two complete 2005 175HP Opti's dirt cheap. One already had the block windowed - Serial # 1B151295. The other engine Serial # 1B1512?? (Label Gone) supposedly had a rebuilt powerhead maybe 50hrs ago. I got them home and sure enough the one has a Qucksilver powerhead with a build date of 5/14/18.

Now the bad. I pulled the plugs and checked compression to to find them all at 112-118 with the exception of the port side center cylinder (4?) was a flat 0.

I pulled the head and sure enough there is some piston transfer on the cylinder. I've done quite a bit of mechanic work, built engines and transmissions, but never an outboard or a two stroke. Looking at the cylinder I can still see the hone marks under the transfer. Maybe just clean the bore with acid, ball hone, new piston, fix the fuel issue, and call it good? Or does it look more severe? Anything else to look for?

Thanks for any help in advance. I'll post a few pics soon.

2. Member
    sho looks like some grooves on one side of export there T id have to bore that one probly, perfectly fine to have one oversized pisst on
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    I guess I can always pull it down and clean her up to see, then go from there. Good to know I can just punch this one if needed. Thanks Joe

4. Member
    yes sir
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................