Livescope Perspective View

I am looking into putting Livescope on the boat this year, the question I have is half of my fishing time is done in less than 8 FOW Largemouth fishing. My question is how good is perspective mode at scanning out in front looking for isolated weed clumps, holes, etc. I know looking for isolated boulders is a big plus with that but a lot of the largemouth areas I fish I am looking for those isolated clumps or weed edges. The other half of my fishing time is done fishing deeper for smallmouth so I know that the livescope will work for that when dropshotting or fishing for suspended smallmouth.

2. Member
    It works very well for what you described. I find I get the best picture in less than 5 feet when using perspective, but that said you can see the fish clearly on perspective in 8 ft of water. You do have to practice learning what they look like and have a screen big enough to pick them out. Once you get good at it you can almost call your shots. Problem is seeing them doesn’t make em bite. So you still have to “fish” for them.

3. Member
    KRC18D is correct. You have to take some time to determine what the fish look like especially if they are sitting there and looking right at you. Also if they are in the weeds you will not see them. What I have found helpful it to not worry about fishing for the moment and looking at the structure I am seeing and then making sure I know what i am looking at. For example I see a tree sticking up out of water I put the live scope on it at different distances to see how it show up. Same with fish. I try to follow them to see how their image shows up. I am starting to get pretty decent at knowing what I am now seeing. Practice makes perfect.

Perspective view will cover a larger area than forward or down view when your in 10 ft of water or less. This video is a good learning tool about the perspective view. At the 25:33 - 26:12 mark they explain how the cone angle works in forward, down and perspective view and the illustrations really helps a person understand what the cone angle is doing. Once you see their explanation and understand what you see in the picture you will realize why perspective is best at shallow depths. In the illustration pay attention to how the cone angle is projected.

5. Member
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2wgkm876lx...92035.mp4?dl=0

This is a soft bottom area, with isolated cabbage. Probably 10' deep

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trystanking View Post

You’re using older livescope software if I remember correctly?

Did you not see your follower. ?
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Do you happen to know what your settings were for bottom fill and trails when that video was shot?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Did you not see your follower. ?
    Right? A figure 8 woulda had a muskie in the boat.

10. Member
    Nice recording, thanks for sharing

11. Member
    Think I'm running 2.33 and yes I new I missed that fish. Was actually concentrating more on making the video. I'm running 2.33

12. Member
    That is a small fish that came in on that bait.

13. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    The trail the bait left was very distinct and it showed up very clear, hence the reason I was wondering what your settings were when you recorded that video...do you happen to recall what settings you use to get that good of detail. After watching it again I notice your trail does not start until the lure reaches the ghost tree. I find that interesting. I am trying to learn what optimum settings are for perspective view and it seems like the higher you have them the more detail but too high blows out the picture.

14. Member
    If I remember correctly I Run perspective in the 70-80 range and color gain I tinker with quite a bit... Tvg off and noise reject high. My pole I mount it on is very versitile and I can manipulate the angle very easily

15. Member
    Thanks for the video - was great to see perspective

16. Member
    That was a cool video Trystanking! Thank you for sharing.
    Harleytimes
    Triton SF21
    Honda 200hp