Spinnerbait name

Does anybody remember the name of an older Strike King spinnerbait that came out around 1990. The only weight it came in was 1 oz., had a single #7 willowleaf blade, and a cone shaped "Grass Bell" to protect the swivel area from picking up weeds. There is a photo of it on p. 28 in the May 1992 BASSMASTER magazine. It might have had the word, "Tournament" or "Tourney" in it's official name. A few years later, Strike King came out with a 3/8 oz. tandem spin version that featured the Grass Bell, called the .38 Special, that is still in their line. Bass pro Charlie Ingram used it, slow-rolling it in cooler water, but told me he can't remember the name of it. Thank you. Andy Williamson The folks at Strike King did not know either.
    Last edited by ydna; 01-13-2021 at 04:04 AM.

2. Member
    I can sure see it in my mind. My first thought was "grass" something.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RJR View Post
    I can sure see it in my mind. My first thought was "grass" something.
    Thanks. Makes sense. In the late 70s or early 80s Strike King made a spinnerbait with a single Colorado blade on the top wire, and a spoon as the "head" of the bottom wire. It was called the Grass King.

4. Member
    I have a few of the 1 oz with single Colorado blade with the grass bell.
    Pm me if your wanting
    Last edited by Mog Wah; 01-16-2021 at 07:10 PM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ydna View Post
    Does anybody remember the name of an older Strike King spinnerbait that came out around 1990. The only weight it came in was 1 oz., had a single #7 willowleaf blade, and a cone shaped "Grass Bell" to protect the swivel area from picking up weeds. There is a photo of it on p. 28 in the May 1992 BASSMASTER magazine. It might have had the word, "Tournament" or "Tourney" in it's official name. A few years later, Strike King came out with a 3/8 oz. tandem spin version that featured the Grass Bell, called the .38 Special, that is still in their line. Bass pro Charlie Ingram used it, slow-rolling it in cooler water, but told me he can't remember the name of it. Thank you. Andy Williamson The folks at Strike King did not know either.
    Good news! Mog Wah provided information that the name is simply the "Pro Model Spinnerbait". It came with a willowleaf (Diamond Willow)blade, and some were packaged with an extra Colorado (Tennessee Diamond) blade.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ydna View Post
    Good news! Mog Wah provided information that the name is simply the "Pro Model Spinnerbait". It came with a willowleaf (Diamond Willow)blade, and some were packaged with an extra Colorado (Tennessee Diamond) blade.