Cowl scratches!! Help

Hey guys, long story short I rubbed my cowl up against a nasty steel cable at LOZ and it makes me sick. Seems like under the paint it’s white plastic but I could be wrong. I’ve read posts on just wet sanding it and huffing it to perfection but those seem to be posts on the 2 strokes. Any ideas? Or anyone experience fixing some scratches on the new 4s cowl! Any help is appreciated

Mercury make Cowl Finishing Compound and I seen a vid a year or so ago and the result were very impressive
    2018 TRX 18. 2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8

3. Member
    Another vote for the Mercury finishing compound, good stuff!

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Definitely recommend the cowl finishing compound.

If your would, please take a few moments to review the Announcements at the top of the forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

If you can, post a couple of pictures. That might help with making suggestions based on the level of damage.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Any decent body shop could repair/repaint it....won't be cheap, but would guess if you have a good relationship w/ them and some time, if you dropped it off, they could do for a few hundred bucks, unless you need decals and stuff, then it is going to get expensive.
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

Really need a pic for good “usable” advice ...
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

Black sharpie.