2019 Z521c towing weight

What would be the towing weight of this set up? The boat has a Merc 250 4 stroke with power poles. Looking to get a ball park number.

Thanks

4500 lbs.ish would be probable. Just an educated guess. There are many real world variables from fuel in boat to tackle. Some guys carry hundreds of pounds more than others. Scales are available at some truck stops for a small fee. Some landscape supply yards have scales or a FS yard- Farm Supply.
    2000 Ranger 520DVX 225hpdi

3. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DeGraaf View Post
    4500 lbs.ish would be probable. Just an educated guess. There are many real world variables from fuel in boat to tackle. Some guys carry hundreds of pounds more than others. Scales are available at some truck stops for a small fee. Some landscape supply yards have scales or a FS yard- Farm Supply.
    I agree. We’ve seen piece by piece breakdowns on this forum before, and the totals [for what it’s worth] never seemed to go above 4500 pounds. With the towing capacity of most vehicles these days, a few hundred this way or that way probably won’t be felt. Most boat owners would also advise that if you’re close to the vehicle tow rating, you’re too close. Kind of like hand grenades!
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

4. Member
    Thanks
    I am considering a new suburban with the 3.0l durmax. The tow capacity is 7,700lbs. I currently tow with a 5.3l suburban and think i will like the higher torque at the lower rpms the durmax gives.

5. Member
    I just bought a new 2021 Tundra to tow my z521c plenty of power but the milage aint the best but I don't buy trucks for milage just for towability and reliability

Match
    You will love the way the baby duramax tows. I have one in a 2020 Silverado and couldn’t be happier. 18-20 towing a Ranger Z519 loaded. Have seen a best of 37 for a 50 mile stretch. 65 mph is the magic number...above mileage drops and 65 is pretty Much the best mileage unloaded. I can hit the highway any day and pull 30+ mpg if below 75. Good luck.