Berkeley Fluoroshield?

Has anyone tried this line from Berkeley? And if so did you like it?

Just spooled up all my spinning set ups with it. I’m sick of braid to leader and having to tie the connection knots so I thought I would try it out. Guess we will see.

3. Member
    just got some in to try but still months away here
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

4. Member
    I am wanting to try it, I’m looking a cheaper alternative to straight fluorocarbon. It’s just too expensive for the amount of time it lasts. I change line every tournament and fish 15-20 tournaments a year

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwrong View Post
    I am wanting to try it, I’m looking a cheaper alternative to straight fluorocarbon. It’s just too expensive for the amount of time it lasts. I change line every tournament and fish 15-20 tournaments a year
    i get years out of a good spool of good line?? gamma or sufix
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

6. Member
    I might have to try it, I usually use P-Line FloroClear. Price looks to be about the same.

7. Dogfish_Jones
    I got around 5 spools of it for a Christmas present. 10 to 17 lb spools, I've yet to spool any of my reels up and try it out yet. With me having had Covid it has put a huge dent in my fishing time. I am looking forward to checking it out soon.

8. Member
    Maybe someone can post about it after they try it out.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by 206champion View Post
    Maybe someone can post about it after they try it out.
    Thanks will look forward to their reports

10. Member
    I haven't changed my 17lb Seaguar in 2+ years. I only change it when I have a cast that 'decommissions' the reel .

11. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    Do what makes you feel good but you're wasting your money in my opinion. I use backing on my baitcast reels and tie fluoro to it and crank enough on there for 2-3 good casts. When I get close to the connection knot I change line. I'll also change the line if I get a backlash bad enough to make the line too risky to use.

A GREAT casting fluoro coated line is Yo Zuri Hybrid. Even handles great on spinning reels. Sensitivity is crap in my opinion but I'd use it for cranks and stuff if Top Knot didn't treat me so well for that.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

No one likes a pot licker or GPS pirate. FIND YOUR OWN FISH!

12. Member
    I fish in a lake with lots of structure mostly wood and brush, I like fluorocarbon, and I have tried a number but all will break when they are nicked, and I have lost a lot of fish and lures due to that...so I have mostly gone to braid with fluoro leaders..I saw the Berkley Fluoroshield line and spooled the 20 lb on a baitcaster, so far I am impressed, in my opinion it is better than the PLine hybrid, which I have used, seems to be not as stiff, although the Berkley line works great so far on my baitcaster, I dont think I would spool it on a spinning reel, still has a lot of memory when you let it set on the reel, I use line conditioner on it...backlash hasnt been a problem, but I use it on a Shimano DC...Knot strength has been excellent and so far no breakoffs, and I have bent a number of hooks on it pulling it lose from brush.