Bass Pro Shop Deep Cycle AGM

Hello,

I need two new deep cycle batteries for my trolling motor. I'm looking at the group 27 Bass Pro Deep Cycle AGM. What's the feedback on them? I'm looking at Bass Pro because they are close to the house, and not sure if there is others battery places that are close by (other than Walmart and Advance Auto).
    2004 Stratos 285 Pro XL / Yamaha VF150

2. Member
    Have you tried Batteries Plus? The Duracell AGM or X2 would be identical to what you would get at BPS.

3. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Duracell AGM at Sam’s is about the best deal.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    Duracell AGM at Sam’s is about the best deal.
    Yup

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RGK456 View Post
    Have you tried Batteries Plus? The Duracell AGM or X2 would be identical to what you would get at BPS.
    I just looked, there is a Batteries Plus by us and the Duracell Ultra AGM has a better warranty for the same price. Thanks for the heads up.

6. Member
    I guess I should feel lucky, I got 9 years out of my group 27 "Never Starts" from Walmart.

Walmart never had a problem with the Everstarts

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER487 View Post
    Walmart never had a problem with the Everstarts

THIS^^^. There’s a Walmart in every town of you should need to replace a bad battery.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Musky Mike View Post
    Hello,

I need two new deep cycle batteries for my trolling motor. I'm looking at the group 27 Bass Pro Deep Cycle AGM. What's the feedback on them? I'm looking at Bass Pro because they are close to the house, and not sure if there is others battery places that are close by (other than Walmart and Advance Auto).
    JUNK! Don't buy. I bought 2 many years ago when they were "on sale" for the spring fishing classic and man they didn't last a year. Exide batteries are thumbs down also. My dealer put 2 new trolling batteries in a couple years ago and they won't hold a charge. Funny thing, I have some everstart walmart batteries and I haven't put a charge on them in forever and they're going on 5 years, and I put my meter on them the other day and they were STILL over 12v. Ya can't beat that!

10. Member
    The X-2 AGM battery at Batteries Plus has a 4 year warranty and with their 10% off online promo code might be another option. Good luck.

11. Member
    I have used the Cabela's Advanced Angler group 27 batteries for many years without a problem and I think these from BPS may be the same battery. The Cabela's batteries came in a box from Universal Power so that was the supplier. Cabela's would usually have them $50 off at least once a year so I would.start looking.for.them to go on sale after four years and then buy. My current set of batteries will be 3 years old in March but when it comes time to think about replacing them, I will consider the ones from BPS.