Rod mounts in Bullet ???

2020 21SDC Rod locker has the rod mounts for like 4 on the bottom and 3 to 4 on the side. The problem with carrying more rods that are ready to use is that by just laying them on top of each other is that as you travel from spot to spot all the bouncing up and down starts wedging the rods further down in the rod box. Yes I carry about 30 rods. Yes I have rod covers on all of them, which helps some, but I am looking for some other alternatives. Anyone have any ideas? It would appear you could mount some type of holder on rear side of the rob box. But what? Was trying to find something this available for after market and not have to get someone to fabricate something. Something that the butt ends of the rod would sit in there and a bungy strap to keep them in place. Any one have any ideas? Pics? Man when a lure or line comes off the bait keep its a pain in the arse to get out and those rods get pack in there like sardines. Just trying to find something to get some separation from each other.
    2020 BassChamps Central Lake Belton 1st - Feb 2
    2019 Media Bass Individual Champion - Richland Chambers Sep 7-8
    2019 CAST Champions - Sam Rayburn Oct 19-20
    2011 BassChamps East Region Champions-Sam Rayburn Oct 1-2

2020 Bullet 21XRS 2020 Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke
    Texas Realtor
    Helping Texans buy and Sell their Homes

2. Member
    I had them leave that out when my boat was built. I’m a rod junkie too and have like 24 in the boat with covers on and never have a problem digging them out.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy111 View Post
    I had them leave that out when my boat was built. I’m a rod junkie too and have like 24 in the boat with covers on and never have a problem digging them out.
    I have a 05 21XD. I use the big box in front of the drivers console as a big rod box no rod rack. I keep anywhere from 9-15 rods in there fully rigged with baits. Do they get together after a day of running? Sometimes, not very often. never really a problem. I have seen some pretty good ideas over the years that Bullet owners have had custom made and looked darn good!
    I hope you figure something out.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

I like my XD with the 9 rod holders in the port box and the 8 overhead holders in the middle compartment. The 9 are always full and usually keep the center half to full.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

5. Member
    I got tired of trying to figure that out and just took out half of the rods ,I just carry 15 or so and they all fit in the factory holders passenger side and center.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO