Thread: Garmin warranty

Garmin warranty

Are Garmin warranties transferable when you buy one of their products from someone else?
    Like a used unit or transducer.
    Garmin just told me that warranties are not transferable. Is this correct?

2. Member
    Risen From The Ashes!!

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix919 View Post
    This is linked to Great Britian.

Here is the US warranty info.

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/legal/m...rranty-policy/
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    Oops sorry about that not enough caffeine
    Risen From The Ashes!!

5. Member
    So warranties are NOT transferable. So that means if you buy a new unit and sell it after a year then the new buyer doesn't have any kind of warranty!
    I knew that Humminbird was this way I didn't know that about Garmin.
    This really hurts the resale value.
    Thanks for the responses.

6. Member
    so to buy a rarely use unit would not be worth much,will make unit harder to sale even more so by being garmin because many [ item i get from them sure is not fix right ,imo

7. Member
    What If you bought from Cabelas? What if the original owner never registered the unit. How does Garmin know who bought it. They just know who they shipped the unit to.

8. Member
    Good question that I don't know the answer to. I guess when I talked to Garmin and told them that I had purchased a almost new used product it was over. Now another question is how much Garmin would charge to fix a product with a void warranty or even if they would be willing to do so. So far I haven't received an answer to that question.
    Can you imagine buying a new car with a 60,000 mile/4 year warranty. Driving it for 15,000 miles/1 year. You turn it into the dealer and the remaining warranty is now void. Imagine how that would affect your trade in value. Garmin may not be the only ones with a non transferable warranty but that don't make it right.

9. Member
    When did they change their policy? I have seen Todd Driscoll say on here a couple times that the warranty is transferable as long as you have the original sales receipt.

10. Member
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1015025

Here is thread where I saw it.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    Good question that I don't know the answer to. I guess when I talked to Garmin and told them that I had purchased a almost new used product it was over. Now another question is how much Garmin would charge to fix a product with a void warranty or even if they would be willing to do so. So far I haven't received an answer to that question.
    Can you imagine buying a new car with a 60,000 mile/4 year warranty. Driving it for 15,000 miles/1 year. You turn it into the dealer and the remaining warranty is now void. Imagine how that would affect your trade in value. Garmin may not be the only ones with a non transferable warranty but that don't make it right.
    I can tell you that I inquired about getting a 93sv plus fixed for a broken pin and they told me I would have to buy a new one at retail. I finally got them to sell one for a 60% discount because it was only 4 months old.

12. Member
    I wish they would sell me a lvs12 for 60% off retail as I was told the one that I bought was only a couple of months old and purchased direct from Garmin!

13. Banned
    I wish they would sell me a lvs12 for 60% off retail as I was told the one that I bought was only a couple of months old and purchased direct from Garmin!

Is something wrong with the one you bought?

14. Member
    So warranties are NOT transferable. So that means if you buy a new unit and sell it after a year then the new buyer doesn't have any kind of warranty!
    I knew that Humminbird was this way I didn't know that about Garmin.
    This really hurts the resale value.
    Thanks for the responses.
    Might as well be out of warranty too, as fast as they are out of date

I have 2 units purchased 8 months apart, 93sv uhd and the older is the 93sv, its the one that has no updates available.