Looking to buy and for advice on a 2200 or 2100 DC

I am looking to try and buy a 2100 or a 2200 dc and was curious if you guys had any advice on what I should be looking for on the boats. One of main concerns is the gel coat cracking, I have heard that it isn't a huge deal just showing flex points in the hull but I am honestly not sure. Thanks in advance for all the help.

2. Member
    Yes, check for cracks... ironically the older boats (pre 2000) don't seem to be as bad. My understanding is the gel formula changed after that and it wasn't as good. But in the end, if the boat has been well keep it won't be cracked up. Don't be concerned about the year of the boat, all the 2100 and 2200dc are the same after year 2001.

3. Member
    The 2200 I am actually looking at is a 99 and he told me that it does have some spider cracking I am not sure exactly what they look like or where I am waiting on pictures.

4. Member
    Look for cracks around the battery compartment and on the transom and the cap above the transom where the cables go from motor to the boat. If there are cracks in that area there could be structural damage. Also check the bottom of the hull under the trailer bunks for blisters. You will need to jack the boat off of the trailer to do this. I would not buy any used boat without checking for blisters. Good luck..

any of them can crack...
    the 2001 and newer boats were much more stout in the transom and rear, however you will most commonly find some VERY small cracks on the gunnel near where the Windshield rail meets the seats...outside of that, you wont see many in the 2001 and newer with cracks, unless they had been VERY abused...
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

if its white.........there will be cracks in the gel......PERIOD! some G boats more so than others depending on the year model. I think it has more to do with age than abuse. on my second G now and from what ive seen, the transom is not a concern, they have the thickest transoms ive seen yet and i a lot of my own motor rigging on a bunch of different boats over the years. gel cracks are superficial, if you can see glass.......thats a different ball game
    There is NO substitute for time on the water!