Couple trailer questions?

Looking at switching brands to a Phoenix. I have read several posts on here about possible issues with the trailers. My question is has there been any change (improvement) to the trailers? Still marine master? Also what is the warranty on the trailer? Really want to go with Phoenix, just not sure about the trailers? I think they definitely have the best boat.

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Trailer issues are old for the most part. Grease oil hubs are Dexter / Vault, pretty much the same as other brands use. We rarely have trailer issues at the shop.

3. Member
    My only complaint with any part of the trailer was the tires were not balanced. It would start to shake at 65-70 mph. Once balanced trailer pulls great. No problem.
    2019 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    225 Mercury 4 Stroke ProXS (# 2B591262)
    MinnKota Ultrex trolling motor
    Lowrance HDS Carbons

4. Member
    I bought a 721 back in may and agree with bob fish, after I balanced the tires it pulls great pulled fine before that but same problem as him it had a shake in it around 65 to 70. Some people think balancing trailer tires is crazy but i have always balanced mine. The main complaints I had heard were the hubs giving people trouble leaking if this becomes a problem some new seals and bearing buddies will be goin on mine. After being in a phoenix and hearing everyone on this forum talk about the ride and little features of them I can tell you that I would not let a few trailer problems keep me from buying one. This is the best riding boat I have been in I have not been in every brand but I have been in several of them, by far phoenix is my choice and customer service is second to none. Also I think my warranty is five years on the trailer and I also have the shock package don't know if it helps, but don't think it hurts the ride any either

5. Member
    My boat/trailer is 2014 that I bought used. I tow it all over the country and haven't done anything besides replace the bearings/seals/hubs when I got it just for the peace of mind factor. I did remove the brakes because one caliper gave it up at 3am on the way to NY. Haven't had surge brakes that didn't give some sort of trouble though, not a phoenix issue there. My 2500HD is more than enough stopping power, and quite frankly I'm not 100% sure the brakes were even working properly when I got it.

6. Member
    I have a 2015 920 and towed countless miles. After 5.5 years, I have had 2 bearing seals leak and it takes about an 1.5 hours (1 hour to let the RTV sealant dry) to fix it.

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades

7. Member
    I would not let the issues you read about stop you. You don't know the % of issues vs the population. I can say that I had numerous small issues with my 2014 that I have corrected over time with help from Marine Masters

The worst was the boat loading under the front roller. This at a time when the "internet" said the problem did not exist any longer. Common knowledge actually slowed me getting the problem fixed.

Then I discovered my trailer was built for the 619. Only with help of Marine Master did this one get figured out

several other issues have been found. I would say quality control is low but again would not let it stop me. If you get it and it works without issue you are golden. If you have problems, it is under warrenty just don't sit on the problem
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947