Had a fun run tonight!

So a little back ground....I took on a high school fisherman in a very competitive Thursday evening circuit...normally 55-75 boats. He has done incredible and actually taught me as much as I have taught him. Great young stick. He asked me tonight to go on a test run with a 2014 Cougar 250 XS OptiMax that he is interested in. It has been a couple of sleep cycles since I have gotten to drive a OptiMax and a TorqueMaster for that matter. Anyway the main objective was to check the boat out and all of the functions. Found a few things that will need attention and then it was time to left that girl eat. First run was getting used to the hull and the difference of a Eyra and Cougar was pretty significant but easily learned. We hit 75.6 on the first pass...he was excited to say the least. Told him it had more! Second pass was so much fun and we let out of the throttle at 80.2. The 2 stroke still has it!!!! and it had a little bit more. I am very happy to bring another BCB owner in to the BCB family.
    Elwood....Bass Cat Strong

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    2020 Mercury 300R 4S (1E081080)
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

2. Member
    2018 BASSCAT COUGAR FTD
    MERCURY 250 PRO XS 2B524980

3. Member
    [QUOTE][/We hit 75.6 on the first pass...he was excited to say the least. Told him it had more! Second pass was so much fun and we let out of the throttle at 80.2. QUOTE]

I envy your knowledge and experience making these boats run at the top of their game Elwood.

4. Member
    80 is scooting on down the lake.

5. Member
    Elwood can flat out drive a boat! He showed me that my Eyra was capable of 80 as well. And Tripp is a good kid and a heck of a stick too. He is getting a great boat in that Cougar. I got to put my hands on it the other day just before they ran it and the colors are awesome. Gonna need a bath but not much else, glad to have Tripp in a Cat. But I'm still gonna whip their rear ends on Fork in 2 weeks! ��
    BCB Eyra 2017
    GMC Sierra 2018