Motor mate vs. DD26

Let me start by saying this is for a Yamaha. I had the motor mate on last motor and have to get a new device and saw the DD26. Never had any issues with the motor mate. Just trying to find out functionality is better one way or the other. I aways under the assumption that anything that slides over the the rods were not good.

2. Member
    In looking at those two I definately like the looks of the Motor Mate, don't especially like having to add the brackets to the motor mounts but doesn't matter because like most everything else it won't fit my Yamaha.
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by k3fishing View Post
    Let me start by saying this is for a Yamaha. I had the motor mate on last motor and have to get a new device and saw the DD26. Never had any issues with the motor mate. Just trying to find out functionality is better one way or the other. I aways under the assumption that anything that slides over the the rods were not good.
    From my understanding the dd26 that slides over the rods, makes sure that it doesnt put any pressure on the seals. The black plastic wedge thing, the motor sticks, those rested right on the cylinder seals. FWIW my buddy uses a motor mate on his SHO and hasn't had any issues with it. He isn't the most mechanically inclined person and was able to install the two little brackets. They both will work, and they both will work well.
    Fish have fins, they swim