Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I have the Trick Step and really like it. I'm an old welder-fabrication guy and could have built one but since I am 82 years old I really didn't want to, although I still have my mig welder etc. It is very well built! I don't have anything to compare it to but I would buy it again.

2. Member
    I bought the Boat EFX steps as well. They were delivered yesterday. They don’t extend the length of the boat if you have space issues. Impressed with the quality.

3. Member
    Trick Step! Mine is rock solid and makes launching the boat by myself effortless for an old geezer! Money well spent!

4. Member
    Anyone know what these are?
    Steps1.jpg

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Heethen View Post
    I wish I could find a setup that goes from tongue to over winch. Do NOT want side mount types that limit turning angle. I could just see crunching the corner of my truck with those.
    This is my exact concern as well. The tighter mounted steps usually however don't include a grab post that I have seen.

6. Member
    just installed my Boat EFX steps today. I ordered the extra fourth step and I will have to drill a hole thur upper winch gusset as I want to raise it up some for ground clearance. really inpress with guality of built

7. Member
    Any hit the Trick Step when you back up and have to cut it hard with the bumper?

8. Member
    After a ton of research went with trick steps. The last data point was when no one said they vibrate when they are on them. Well let me tell you that is true. They install in under 20 minutes and should save a couple of unplanned swims this spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant2 View Post
    Any hit the Trick Step when you back up and have to cut it hard with the bumper?
    I had heard there was a problem like you are asking. I jackknifed my rig in the driveway on purpose to test. I would have to be really cocked to hit the bumper.
    I did buy an extended draw bar that gives me more room. This pic is with the shorter draw bar

20201210_115459.jpg
    2003 Stratos 185, Yamaha V150LTRB, Tempest Plus 25P

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    Anyone know what these are?
    Steps1.jpg
    Those look like factory steps, not sold to public.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach185 View Post
    I had heard there was a problem like you are asking. I jackknifed my rig in the driveway on purpose to test. I would have to be really cocked to hit the bumper.
    I did buy an extended draw bar that gives me more room. This pic is with the shorter draw bar

20201210_115459.jpg

I welded wing nuts on the 2 bolts holding the handle on. I just take it off when I'm not going to be using it.

Pic is deceiving. The handle is clear of the truck. Bottom step is under bumper, middle step lines up with center of bumper.
    But like I said I would have to be really cocked for it to hit. No concern from my perspective
    2003 Stratos 185, Yamaha V150LTRB, Tempest Plus 25P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12