175 TXW rod lockers

Looking at new 175 txw for the family. Wondering what is the actual size of the rod lockers. Site says 8ft casting and 7ft spinning, but if it 8ft for casting shouldn't a 8ft spinning fit as well? I have also seen marina's list them as just 7ft? So what is it? Most of my rods are over 7'3 largest is 7'10.

Thanks guys

2. Member
    I have a 2020 TXW 175 and i fit my 7'6" rods (casting and spinning) with no issues (minus the weird angle some of the tubes are). My book says can store up to 8' but only rod I have over 7'6" are 10 and 14 foot crappie rods which i store on the port side deck with the poles going to the outside side of the port (passenger} seat.
    My suggestion is to eithe bring one of your rods to a bass pro shop or borrow one of theirs from the store that is 7'10" and see how/if they fit as you want.

I do plan on doing a modification in my port side rod locker and removing/modifying the tubes that are on the bow end of the boat to make getting longer rods in and out easier.

MikeCSr - can you post numerous pictures of how you do this rod locker modification? I want to do the same thing but was discouraged when I unscrewed the first black thing with the rod holes in it only to find metal behind it. I'm uneasy about cutting that metal out incase it is a structural component. Any info you can provide on this modification would be super helpful.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moitura View Post
    MikeCSr - can you post numerous pictures of how you do this rod locker modification? I want to do the same thing but was discouraged when I unscrewed the first black thing with the rod holes in it only to find metal behind it. I'm uneasy about cutting that metal out incase it is a structural component. Any info you can provide on this modification would be super helpful.
    I have not done it yet but will definitely take pics and/or gopro the process when I do it.
    And I too an uneasy and will not mess with anything that could lead to structural mayhem. I had a good view of the backside of the pvc rod hole tubes when I had taken my foot pedal box out when I replaced the MK Edge trolling motor. I didn't take a picture but at that moment the idea of modifying it entered my brain
    Those rod storage tubes and those awful cleats up top of the gunnels are probably the only things I don't like about my boat... so Im going to order some fold down cleats and do the rod locker mod

5. Banned
    Some of the larger spinning rods will not fit in the tubes due to the large first eye.

6. Banned
    Haven't tried spinning rods i use them to crappie fishing so I just strap them to the deck. Both me and my ladies flipping rods are 7'10" and they fit with no issues.

Only problem i have had with the the rod box is condensation. Sucks lifting the lid and pulling out a wet rod. I started propping up all my lids before I put the cover on which irritates the crap out of me.

7. Member
    I have a 2017 PT190 and was confused by the spinning rod storage as well. Turns out on my boat that two of the upper rod tubes have oval shaped holes allowing me to store two spinning rods. Check yours closely as you might find the same thing.
    I changed all of my cleats to fold down cleats and couldn't be happier.
    Joe B

2017 Tracker PT 190 TX
    2017 Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Mercury Spitfire X7 19” prop
    51 mph @ 6240 rpms (RPMs from Vessel View Mobile) : full fuel tank and fishing load by myself
    4.2 second Hole Shot (measured using Vessel View Mobile)
    Engine mounted in 3rd hole
    Minn Kota Ulterra-Link w/built in MDI 80 lb thrust 60” shaft
    Humminbird Helix 12si Gen1 chirp on console
    Humminbird Helix 15si Gen4 cho on bow
    Humminbird Mega360

Dotline two step transom boarding ladder
    Tracker trailer bow boarding step