Garmin maps question

I just purchased an echomap 93sv. I transferred my waypoints and when I checked to see if they were there I noticed the great lake map was not as detailed as my lakemaster chip had been in my helix 10. Is there a chip or something for great lakes that will work for garmin or what I have is the best I can hope for?

2. Member
    Looking at a garmin myself and had noticed that, I fish lake erie/michigan and saginaw bay and did not see coverage, going to call garmin tomorrow and see if they have a map,if not that would really suck

3. Member
    According to what I see at lakes.garmin.com Lake Erie and Michigan are mapped on 1ft contours. You can email them at cartography@garmin.com and ask for screenshots of specific areas to be sent to you for your review.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Member
    Did you download the map tiles for the regions you fish?

5. Member
    Thank you for the suggestions, I sent them a email

6. Member
    Ok I called garmin and spoke to a lovely lady that was very helpful, she mentioned I would have mapping and she said she would send some screen shots

Talk about good customer service and I dont even have a garmin yet...

7. Member
    Tagging onto this - I have a new 73 sv UHD installed on my kayak and have the LakeVu g3 Ultra maps download. The shallow mapping of most of the East Tx lakes is non-existent, just red cross hatching. Navionics chart viewer has data there and I thought that the LaveVu G3 was a marriage of Navionics and Garmin. Am I doing something wrong? Hopefully so because that's pretty crappy for $200.

8. Member
    Mapping is not something you can make any assumptions about. Whatever lakes you are interested in have to be individually checked to see what the mapping is. One way is to email them (Post#3). The other way is to go to lakes.garmin.com and look up your lake.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

9. Member
    Not making any assumptions other than the lakes I'm looking at are listed under the lakevu g3 ultra, for "up to 1' contours". Yet full section of the lake(s), less than 10' in depth has no relief.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpeel View Post
    Not making any assumptions other than the lakes I'm looking at are listed under the lakevu g3 ultra, for "up to 1' contours". Yet full section of the lake(s), less than 10' in depth has no relief.
    Apparently there was some sort of lag in my unit processing the mapping data. I left it on for half an hour, zoomed in to the map with no data - came back and there it is. I don't know what changed but I'll take it.