Next question...ordering leaf springs

With some advice from you guys here, I was finally able to get my old leaf springs and associated hardware off the trailer. Now I’ve just got to order the new springs and hardware. But I had a couple questions. Measuring from the center of each eye on the old springs, I’m coming up with 26 3/8 inches. When I go to etrailer’s website and look for double-eye leaf springs, the closest I’m getting is a 26” spring. Will that work or do the springs need to be exactly the same length as the old ones? Could the old springs have flattened out a little since they are 20 years old? Also, the axle is 3500 pound, so should I stick with springs for a 3500 lb axle or look for something a little more heavy duty? Thanks

Springs will weaken over time which means they will be longer. The 26'' will be the ones to get. 1750 pound springs will be okay probably but if you can get 2000 pound springs thats what I would do, especially in the same number of leafs which will be unlikely.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

3. Member
    Went ahead and ordered the 26” ones. They are 2000lb springs. They didn’t have anything longer than 25 1/4” in the 1750lb springs.

4. Member
    26 is what it is.
    2006 Stratos 294 Pro XL.2005 Yamaha 200 VMAX 3.1L. 8" Hydro Dynamics Rapid Jack. Ultrex 112 I-Plot link. 2 Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N.

5. Member
    Here is a pic of the original leaf spring (the one that didn’t snap in half). It’s just a single leaf, not like the 3,4,5,etc leaves that the newer ones are.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My trailer had mono springs as well and when I did a bunch of fixing to it I replaced them with leaf springs. The problem I had was I could not find springs with the same curvature as the mono springs. That caused the fenders to sit on the tires. I ended up using 6'' shackles to make it work. I'm actually thinking about going back to the mono springs. I'd recommend buying two new mono springs and throwing the used one in the truck as a spare because you just never know.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.