Live Scanner Pro

Been looking at and watching "The Live Scanner" https://www.thelivescanner.com/product-page/
    Currently I'm using cable driven foot control set up I made for my Live Scope. What I like about this set up is my foot controls the speed that I'm moving my Live Scope.
    Looking for someone with experience with the Live Scope Pro and Elite. Does a guy really need to step up to the Elite with variable speed control or is the Pro set at a sufficient speed to get details and responsive enough to "stay" on target when boat is moving.

2. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I like the variable gain option but the pro model will work fine for most guys.

3. Member
    I have one of these on order, pro model, i think it's going to be a better option than just attached to the trolling motor shaft, fishing windy point's on spotlock is where i see the real issue.

4. Member
    Has anyone received theirs yet? I got mine, putting it on the Ghost with an active target. Trying to see if the active transducer is suppose to clear the trolling motor shaft when spinning around?
    2017 ZX250 250 SHO

5. Member
    Been using one for over a month now. Mine does not interfere with trolling motor shaft. I went with a zero degree mount and it works well. Great customer service. Would buy again.

6. Member
    What do you mean a zero degree mount? Can you post a pic? I am working with them to get it figured out. Right now, when I have it in the forward view, it needs about 2.5" more distance to clear the tm shaft. Thanks...
    2017 ZX250 250 SHO

7. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    The lowrance scout mode bracket is very long the garmin is a lot closer.I do believe they will inter change.

8. Member
    I have been using one for a couple of months. Mine does not have variable speed and I had it made so I can plug and unplug the foot pedal. The foot pedal pretty much stays in storage. I use the remote on a lanyard around my neck. Last two months fishing crappie on Falcon Lake brush piles 10' to 35' great crappie fishing. The unit is great for drop shot bass and others. I have stacked 10" Helex and 102 Garmin at the bow. I have the swing mount works great for storage of unit. I also wrap a 10" long piece of pipe insulation wrap on shaft of it roll it to the side and rests it on locator mount when going down the road. I had to turn off sonar on Helex up front for clear picture. I only use it for GPS. I rolled back Garmin to 2.20 and learned best settings for me and it works great. I really like watching fish when they bite but really enjoy watching fish you release swim back down and go back in the same brush pile. After caught you can tap them with the jig and they will not bite again for a while. I also upgraded the antenna on the Ultrex trolling motor. Old antenna Minn Kota said 15' was acceptable, new motors antenna 5' or less new antenna made a big difference. Sorry to ramble on but this works great did the same fishing a year ago with old Garmin was disappointed with this new one until I did all of this.....

9. Member
    Here are some pics for golfer dude. You have two choices to mount the transducer, 0 degree or 8 degree I believe. You would have to purchase the 0 degree. No reason to go with a 8 degree now since you using a live scanner. I also purchases a perspective mount from a guy on bbc but use it in forward mode to have moreclearance of the trolling motor. Works great so far. Also went with a sonar pros wiring harness. I do not have any interference on my two bow units.IMG_2083.jpgIMG_2081.jpgIMG_2082.jpg

10. Member
    Yes, the "L" bracket with the AT sticks the transducer out there and hits my tm shaft. They suggested pulling off the L bracket until they can find a solution. But the bracket is the 8 degree one, and I would have to buy a 0 degree bracket. I included a pic of the transducer with the L bracket on it.

How far around does the livescanner go? Does it go 360 degrees?

Forward mode.jpg
    2017 ZX250 250 SHO

11. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Livescanner only goes 270 degrees for obvious reasons

12. Member
    What’s the obvious reasons?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhdsn View Post
    What’s the obvious reasons?
    So you don't rip the cable out of the transducer.

14. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Here’s a quick video of the pro

15. Member
    My ultrex went about 370 degrees and never had an issue with a cable issue. It is a matter of allowing enough cable for that vs allowing enough cable to go 270. But that being said, the practicality of needing it to go 360 degrees with a livescope/active target is not a deal breaker, at least not for me. Once the clearance issue is resolved, I will be pretty happy with it.
    2017 ZX250 250 SHO

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    Livescanner only goes 270 degrees for obvious reasons
    290 they say

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by golferdude View Post
    My ultrex went about 370 degrees and never had an issue with a cable issue. It is a matter of allowing enough cable for that vs allowing enough cable to go 270. But that being said, the practicality of needing it to go 360 degrees with a livescope/active target is not a deal breaker, at least not for me. Once the clearance issue is resolved, I will be pretty happy with it.
    and with a slide away mount yoooooou cancover different or lost area but for total redemption you can unscrew top and bottom rings and move head where you like for example in long lining for crappie

18. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIPPO FISHING View Post
    290 they say
    We changed it from the original but with the swing bracket you can get a little more or turn the head a little