Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Thanks for the replies fellas. Ive shipped numerous rods w usps over the yrs. It is very well packed w bubble wrap in a heavy pvc tube, if they ever get it to its destination it should be fine.

USPS has never failed to notify me promptly that a package has been delivered. Usually within 3 days after I’ve already received it.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    USPS is controlled/run and funded via the US Goberment and loses about 10 Billion dollars per per. Yeah lets let the Goberment run everything, I'm sure that will work fantastically.
    The difference between government employee's and private sector employee's is that one will lose their job if they don't perform, the other will get promoted if they don't perform.
    Ah I see you are ignorant of how the post office is actually funded and works too.....
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    Ah I see you are ignorant of how the post office is actually funded and works too.....
    Please enlighten us on the innerworkings of the USPS...

Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    Please enlighten us on the innerworkings of the USPS...
    I mean how much do you want to know. Anyone who can use a computer can find this stuff.

1. They are not funded by the govt. This gets said EVERY THREAD. They are self funded.

Zero tax dollars used. The Postal Service receives NO tax dollars for operating expenses and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations.
    2. In an effort to cripple and privatize it it the Government decided to make them fun all pensions up front.

PAEA was the first major overhaul of the United States Postal Service (USPS) since 1970.[5] It reorganized the Postal Rate Commission, compelled the USPS to pay in advance for the health and retirement benefits of all of its employees for at least 50 years,[4] and stipulated that the price of postage could not increase faster than the rate of inflation.
    3. Post Office employs more Veterans than just about anyone.

Veterans. The Postal Service employs more than 97,000 military veterans and is one of the largest employers of veterans in the country.
    4. Largest retailer in the states.

Retail giant. The Postal Service has the nation's largest retail network — bigger than McDonald’s, Starbucks and Walmart combined, domestically.

6. Member
    Here is my story which is still unfolding. I ordered a couple custom exhaust tips for my truck back on Dec 10th, 2020 from a seller in IL for delivery to my house in MI (just north of Ann Arbor). The tracking was updated over the weekend and here is the USPS route and current data.

1) Dec 16th: Scanned at USPS, Chicago IL
    2) Jan 8th: International Scan, Tokyo Japan
    3) Jan 11th: Departing Tokyo Japan, in route back to Chicago IL
    4) Delivery Date: Unknown.

Hmm, I would have simply used that "trail" from Chicago to Detroit known as I-94, but what do I know. Again, I really hope the USPS can someday get their act together!

My wife mailed her passport December 4. It’s still lost. Last scan Philadelphia. Priority Mail 2-3 day.

8. Banned
    tracking info for USPS & UPS has been terrible, in the last few months.

9. Member
    every time

10. Member
    I send out and receive several packages a day.

USPS is anywhere from 3 to 35 days, and location doesn't seem to make any difference in time (I will say if a package goes to Palatine, IL Dist. Center.....it's not going anywhere anytime soon!)

FedEx is about 3 to 8 days beyond expected date, on average

UPS is on time or early, not one package sent or received UPS has been received/delivered past expected date.

I mean how much do you want to know. Anyone who can use a computer can find this stuff.

1. They are not funded by the govt. This gets said EVERY THREAD. They are self funded.

2. In an effort to cripple and privatize it it the Government decided to make them fun all pensions up front.

3. Post Office employs more Veterans than just about anyone.

4. Largest retailer in the states.
    Doesn't matter, the USPS sucks and needs reorganized. We don't need mail 6 days a week, we just need it in a timely matter. 4 days a week would be fine. Wife mailed a check to pay a bill (among many more) on Dec 7 and I received a text today that they received the payment today. really!!!!!!
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Doesn't matter, the USPS sucks and needs reorganized. We don't need mail 6 days a week, we just need it in a timely matter. 4 days a week would be fine. Wife mailed a check to pay a bill (among many more) on Dec 7 and I received a text today that they received the payment today. really!!!!!!
    Mailing payments sounds like you need to learn the new tech...

Mailing payments sounds like you need to learn the new tech...
    Why is that, because the USPS is unreliable?
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Why is that, because the USPS is unreliable?
    My dad works for them an I don't mail payments.... But hey you do you.

15. Member
    One of my renters sent his rent (money orders) on 11/30 (due 12/1). Sent USPS overnight. When I asked him about it a week later, he still had the postal receipt, was told they couldn't track. He called the issuer of the money orders and got them cancelled and re-issued (another $54 charge). I finally got the originals in the mail on 1/8, 32 days later for USPS overnight. I feel bad for these renters, as they barely have enough to scrape together each month to pay the rent and then to get stuck with two overnight mail charges and re-issue charges for money orders...but I have attempted several times to get them to switch to ACH or Venmo with no luck.
    Last edited by okiebasser69; 01-11-2021 at 10:08 PM. Reason: grammar

16. Member
    Does anyone here have any idea who makes the mandates the usps follows?

So you defend the USPS because your Dad works for them, yet you post down on someone that uses the USPS. Great, we have a millennial on board.

So you defend the USPS because your Dad works for them, yet you post down on someone that uses the USPS. Great, we have a millennial on board.
    I defend them because you all spread miss info. It literally is cheaper to pay online but yeah. I am sorry you want to pay for checks, stamps, envelopes. I mail checks when I need to and have no issues. In fact since I refinanced and my mortgage hasnt been bought yet I mail my payment. Yet I have no issues. Calling me a millennial is literally your only defense. good game. PS I am not considered a millennial by most newer date ranges.

19. Member
    This stuff was going on in 1999 I lived in Springfield and worked in king city, I forgot to deposit rent before I left so I called and said it’s on its way...... got home Saturday morning just in time to deliver the check to the office. It is due to today’s situation

20. Member
    when you are dealing with the postal service you have just now entered "the twilight zone"
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast