2019 150 Pro XS Tilt and Trim Leak off

2019 150 Pro XS (SN 2B619221)

Due to storage space I keep my motor trimmed down to where there is an inch or two between the skeg and the floor. A couple of weeks ago I noticed the skeg resting on the floor. I raised the motor all the way up and then put it back to where there was an inch or two clearance again. A couple days ago it was resting on the floor again. I haven't noticed any leaks. Any ideas on what's causing this?

2. Member
    I changing the plastic screw in bleed down piece, right side from rear, flat head, from merc comes with new o rings installed, raised mine all the way up and set on lock, removed and installed new and no more issues
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

3. Member
    Thanks for the info, I'll check that out.

4. Member
    agree ^^^^ possible o ring leaking a bit
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    Thanks, I’m going to check it out this morning

6. Member
    Your 4-stroke engine is covered in next forum down where you'll find discussion on same topic - Mercury - 4 Stroke / Verado
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox579 View Post
    Your 4-stroke engine is covered in next forum down where you'll find discussion on same topic - Mercury - 4 Stroke / Verado
    +1

Moving thread to the 4-stroke forum.

Good idea to park a very thin piece of wood below the skeg for the engine to rest on.

Specifications indicate that the trim may leak down up to 2" of ram travel in a 12 hour period.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Thanks for the info. I talked to the service guys at the dealership where I got it and since it’s still under warranty I dropped it off there this morning. And since I was there I upgraded my console fish finder.