Question by a newbie

I'm just getting into painting/making my own jigs. How do you guys do the multi colored jig heads and maintain durability? I'm sure the answer will be beyond my capabilities.
    The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer up someone else.

2. Member
    Checkout boss jig armor paint. Most everybody has a dedicated toaster oven to hang & bake their jigs in after applying powder paint.
    Last edited by Les Young; 01-10-2021 at 08:38 AM.

3. Member
    You can dip to get a base coat then partial dip for additional colors as well as brush tap. Cadman is the tapping guru. You should be able to see some of his work on tackle underground.

salt/pepper shakers or powder sugar shakers work better than tap brush method for me.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    salt/pepper shakers or powder sugar shakers work better than tap brush method for me.
    That's a great idea Mike.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    Same method for me.

Thanks for the info. I was looking at Munkin's pumpkinseed jig and that got me curious. Looks like I'll be buying more paint and experimenting.
    The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer up someone else.

8. Member
    How I do my jig heads is to first cut a small piece of 5/32 shrink tube to cover the jig eye heat the head dip in your base coat. adding the second color I use a tea strainer it’s a small fine mesh strainer add your color you want and tap the handle a couple of times. keep your head warm while you do this to help melt the paint. The last thing I do is run it through my clear coat glitter. works great!