I'm doing a lot of boat maintenance this winter

Made new bunks a couple months ago, installed a new complete water pump kit last week along with new plugs & wires & just ordered the seal kit & oil to rebuild & bleed the hydraulic steering. Should be good for awhile now hopefully.

Les, I don't live that far from Kings Mtn, if you want an extra hand with your hydraulic steering let me know.
    2003 Stratos 185, Yamaha V150LTRB, Tempest Plus 25P

3. Member
    Coach, thanks. I ordered a cheap bleeder too so I should be ok. I appreciate it.

Name of the game. Last year was plugs, steering ram seals, lower oil, and all the hpdi fuel filters. This year is water pump, tilt/trim seals, fuel water separator, lower oil, and redo all four vault hubs. Really should pull my injectors and send them off too...
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA

5. Member
    Yep really if a man wants them to last he should do it for sure.

NP Les, i am doing maintenance projects myself this time of year. Stripping trailer fender non skid and replacing with gator skins. Fixing holes left by PO removal of ski ladder. Installation of all aboard ladder.
    My wife has a Cricut vinal design machine so I had her print out some new boat ID numbers, so I'll take off the old ones and replace with new.
    Lower unit oil, steering fluid purged, water pump replaced all done in the past month or so.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach185 View Post
    NP Les, i am doing maintenance projects myself this time of year. Stripping trailer fender non skid and replacing with gator skins. Fixing holes left by PO removal of ski ladder. Installation of all aboard ladder.
    My wife has a Cricut vinal design machine so I had her print out some new boat ID numbers, so I'll take off the old ones and replace with new.
    Lower unit oil, steering fluid purged, water pump replaced all done in the past month or so.

8. Member
    Nice list everyone. Doing similar here with bunk boards, impeller and all LU seals inc prop seals. Sprucing up a bit too with new jack and tie-down. Like to buff out fenders, gotta look in to that gator skin mentioned above.

Gotta keep up maintenance on these older boats (2004 Pantera here).

9. Moderator
    Seems like every winter I have a list of things to do to the boat. Normally only half get done.

10. Member
    Boat maintenance is just cheap insurance that your rig is gonna not have any issues going forward, I do my impeller every winter, lower unit gear lube every 3 months and check my hub and shaft after every trip for line. Im OCD due to the fact that these boats cost so darn much I just wanna take care of them.

11. Member
    This is the time to do it.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunna View Post
    This is the time to do it.
    Yes it is. I just rebuilt my hydraulic steering today. I think unless something else pops up that i'm done for this winter though.

Les, did you replace the seals or the complete end caps?