lake shelbyville

Coming over in august first week. I would like some information on the lake and were to stay. Like what baits is it deep our shallow. I like throwing crank baits.Thanks

2. Member
    August for me is usually when I have to start thinking shallow . It seems like the deep summer bite is fading and I start picking more on the banks . There is still plenty of fish out deep but I have trouble consistently catching them . The lake level can come into play also . It seems like the spring rains keep the lake higher and or longer than years ago . If it is a foot or more higher than summer pool there should be some sort of bank weeds in the water along with some fish . I live close enough that I don't stay there. I do know there was a decent place just below the dam and one in the middle of Shelbyville . If you don't mind camping there are several sites around the lake .

3. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    PM me a week before you come and ill give you what up to date info I have. I've had a permanent place 100 yards from the water for over 25 years and fish it a lot. crappie and bass.

4. Member
    How is Shelbyville for bass in general? I recently got a boat and it's one of the closer large lakes to me so I'll probably go there a few times next year.

5. Member
    Hillsboro, MO 63050 & Dripping Springs, TX 78620
    Are they still generating at all on the lake? Someone told me they have shut down completely. Since I did not go back to Texas this winter. would like to fish the lake if we ever get a warmer day than it has been. Thanks
    OOOOPPPPPSS my mistake I was thinking Lake Egypt. But how is the fishing on Shelbyville in the winter months usually?
    Last edited by MaverickPro201; 01-10-2021 at 04:24 AM.

6. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickPro201 View Post
    Are they still generating at all on the lake? Someone told me they have shut down completely. Since I did not go back to Texas this winter. would like to fish the lake if we ever get a warmer day than it has been. Thanks
    OOOOPPPPPSS my mistake I was thinking Lake Egypt. But how is the fishing on Shelbyville in the winter months usually?
    You might as well forget about bass fishing once the water hits 45 and below, at least from my experience. The crappie bite is the best of the year late fall till it freezes, if it does.