Vexus AVX 1980 CC

Does anyone in the Raleigh area have a Vexus AVX 1980 CC? Thoughts?

2. Member
    Extremely well built boat. Personally don't care for flat colors and large silver decal on sides.

3. Member
    Over and under ? $45,000?????
    Or I'm I thinking about a different boat ?

4. Member
    Just wanting to look around one and get someone's impression on fishability. Really needing something that does both fresh and salt.

5. Member
    Base price around $36K, at least at my dealer it was

6. Member
    I have one, but i'm closer to the coast. Here is a quick copy and paste that I wrote in the Vexus forum about the 1980CC. I'm in the New Bern area, but bought the boat from Boat Warehouse of the Midsouth in Southaven, MS. If you have any questions, shoot me a message. If you come down to this area, you can take a look and go for a ride.

I have a 1980CC with a Merc 150 (not XS). I'm coming from a 2016 Triton 189TRX with 150 Mercury. I had only owned fiberglass boats and this is my first aluminum boat. A big part of my decision was when we had a second child in the summer of 2019, I knew that the bass boat wasn't going to be everything i needed it to be. So, started looking for boats, mainly center consoles and flats boats because i live at the coast and wanted to fish for drum, trout, etc., for inshore, but also wanted to continue to bass fish. My main decision points were having something that would fit in my garage, have room for 4 people comfortable, but still have the fishing platform on the front and rear decks when I have a partner fish. With that in mind, here are my pros and cons. I’ve had my boat almost a year and had it in some pretty rough conditions at the coast.

Pros:
    Fishing decks are large, very comparable to a bass boat in the front and rear. The seat at the console flips up so that the seat is not in the way if someone is fishing on the back.
    Speeds are about 55-57 on an average day. I've had it as fast as 59. I have dual poles and no jackplate and think it's a 60mph boat if you have it dialed in.
    When not fishing, the two seats in the back deck fold up so that you can 'entertain' and just ride around 4 people comfortably, maybe even an additional person if you have a cooler in the front of the console.
    Looks, the boat just looks cool to me and I don't see many boats that look similar.
    It was incredibly easy to wire all of my electronics. I've wired all of my electronics and I'm not a professional by far. I have a console and bow fish finders and mounted/wired them both. There is a power access in the bow so that don’t have to run a power wire all the way to the batteries.
    Doesn’t draft much water, I don’t know the exact draft, but has to be a foot or a little less.
    Easy to trailer and tow.

Cons:
    Coming from a fiberglass boat, the ride isn’t as smooth. A lot of people may disagree, but I don’t think an aluminum boat will ever ride like a glass boat. The ride isn’t bad at all; it’s just not glass.
    The wind probably blows it around a little more, but I can’t say how much more and it hasn’t interrupted my fishing.
    Since its aluminum, it’s a bit louder. Riding or when fishing. More noticeable hull slap when waves or ripples are hitting the side of the boat.
    The compartments rattled, since its aluminum on aluminum, but I just put a thin piece of floor saver pads and that stopped that rattling.
    I don’t have SeaDek, so the boat can be slippery at times. SeaDek will probably be my next upgrade.

Hope this helps, but if you have specific questions, I will help out the best I can.
    Last edited by hardnibbles; 01-21-2021 at 08:38 AM.

7. Banned
    hardnibbles what prop do you run hows the lift and rpms and handling?