1992 Astro 18FDX

I ran across this boat on Craigslist, but can find anything about it on the internet. Anyone know anything about them?

It's a '92 Astro 18FDX with a '92 150 XR6 Merc.

Thanks

2. Member
    Can't talk to that specific boat as I have a 91 Astro 20FDX and its a solid boat. As with any of them in that time frame, you have to check wood rot. Also, have a mechanic check out the engine for you. Good luck!

3. Member
    Look real close at the knee braces and transom and of coarse the engine.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
    Can't talk to that specific boat as I have a 91 Astro 20FDX and its a solid boat. As with any of them in that time frame, you have to check wood rot. Also, have a mechanic check out the engine for you. Good luck!
    93 Astro 20FDX here! Built like a tank. Do you have a jack plate on yours? If so, what size/brand? I'm thinking about adding a plate and power poles

5. Member
    I have a 92 Astra 17SCX - really check for wood rot, floor and transom. But love the boat so much I've considered upgrading to a bigger Astro.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grey goose 01 View Post
    93 Astro 20FDX here! Built like a tank. Do you have a jack plate on yours? If so, what size/brand? I'm thinking about adding a plate and power poles
    Brandon, just saw the PM and replied.

7. Member
    I had a 1990 Astro 18 FDX with a XR4 150 Merc that I bought as a 2-year-old boat and used for 10 years before selling it and buying a 2-year-old Procraft. The Astro was a solid boat and handled rough water pretty good. The main downside was for the co-angler on the back deck. It had a large v-shaped splashwell with sloping sides that extended up fairly close to the pole for the rear seat and several of my club members forgot about it and stepped into it and had to grab and hug onto the big motor to keep from going in the lake. It had plenty of front deck space and pretty good storage. It was a pretty affordable boat, unlike today's boats. It sold for about $18,500 new. I bought it for $12,500 and after using it for a decade, got $5,000 for it. It had a pretty good hole shot and speed. I wish Astro and Procraft were both still around making new boats.
    Last edited by Cliffprocraft190; 01-30-2021 at 12:04 PM.