Water Softener ?

Son has a old Kenmore water softener which I believe is worn out. Been in his house for about 20 years. I don't get the soft water and suds that I get at my house. Am I correct in believing it is worn out ?

Next question is do I get a good high dollar system from the local place or Colligan, or do I get another Kenmore or other water softener system from Home Depot or Lowes ?

Thanks.

2. Member
    Depends what you want to filter. I went with a Kinetico and am very happy so far. From what I understand, the average media in the tanks is estimated to last 10 years. I like the Kinetico since I can fairly easily change out the tanks. I will follow us when we move again, I’m not leaving it for the next schmuck who wouldn’t appreciate it anyway.
    I like Big Bass, I cannot lie

3. Member
    I had a Rainsoft installed in 1995 and last year I had to replace it went with another Rainsoft system. Might be a cheaper option out there but I went with what I had.

Quote Originally Posted by Williep99 View Post
    Depends what you want to filter. I went with a Kinetico and am very happy so far. From what I understand, the average media in the tanks is estimated to last 10 years. I like the Kinetico since I can fairly easily change out the tanks. I will follow us when we move again, I’m not leaving it for the next schmuck who wouldn’t appreciate it anyway.
    We have a Kinetico here also and has been great.