New motor hell of an upgrade.175 PRO XS

Bought New motor mid December,175 4s.ProSX. 24" Tempest Plus,ser.#3B008638.It's on a 1990 mod.18' HydraSport DVTSX.This boat advertized weight is 1300lbs.This thing is awake now,The old Johnson GT175 was tired.I have the motor set at about 2" below pad at this time,18"from the setback.Just me 30gallons of gas,64.2 at tach reading 5500rpms. Holeshot is very impressive,Don't know if anything is left ,but we gona look some moreboat2020.jpg

2. Member
    That is a good looking rig!
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Definitely have some room to drop prop pitch. Nice rig!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Definitely have some room to drop prop pitch. Nice rig!
    If I was to drop pitch an inch or two,I know my RPMs will move up some and holes hot should improve. Do you think I would pick up more speed, or am I about maxed out? Thanks for the compliment,

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    That is a good looking rig!
    Thanks

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    Bought New motor mid December,175 4s.ProSX. 24" Tempest Plus,ser.#3B008638.It's on a 1990 mod.18' HydraSport DVTSX.This boat advertized weight is 1300lbs.This thing is awake now,The old Johnson GT175 was tired.I have the motor set at about 2" below pad at this time,18"from the setback.Just me 30gallons of gas,64.2 at tach reading 5500rpms. Holeshot is very impressive,Don't know if anything is left ,but we gona look some moreboat2020.jpg

Is that the same hull as the old javelin 389 / 379? I remember those hulls being crazy fast with a 150. I always liked those Hydra Sports OMC boats and yours has a great color combo. Weren’t some of those Kevlar infused?

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    That engine likes to be up in the 5800-6000 RPM range. Get it propped to that range, with the lowest possible slip you can find and it should be quite impressive!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crappielabrador View Post
    Is that the same hull as the old javelin 389 / 379? I remember those hulls being crazy fast with a 150. I always liked those Hydra Sports OMC boats and yours has a great color combo. Weren’t some of those Kevlar infused?
    These hulls were a bit different(I think) these were the only flat stern boats HydraSport built that Im aware of,With a wide pad also.50 gallon fuel tanks. Yes Kevlar was an option on earlier boats,Late 70s,thru mid 80s,,,I think!!!

9. Member
    That engine likes to be up in the 5800-6000 RPM range. Get it propped to that range, with the lowest possible slip you can find and it should be quite impressive!
    Thanks Don.I may talk to my selling dealer a bit, He is a good drive down the road. I wish I had the money to play with props,I don't.LOL anymore Retired life does that. Im fixing to order a vessel view mobile module and see what happens. What prop would you suggest I try?

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    22P if you normally run "heavily loaded". 23P (Tempest Plus) if you run really light most of the time.

11. Member
    Nice boat and good luck finding the right prop.

12. Member
    22P if you normally run "heavily loaded". 23P (Tempest Plus) if you run really light most of the time.
    Thanks again Don

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fly by night View Post
    Nice boat and good luck finding the right prop.
    thanks