A few more P2 Questions

LOTS O QUESTIONS, but its hard to drop this kinda coin without being able to put hands on.

I have been looking at the P2 specifically the P2 SP. Of course there are not any within a days drive so I have not been able to see in person. It looks like I may very well have to order a boat. The long wait would SUCK but it would give me more flexibility in options.

Hopefully someone can help with a few questions.

The best I can tell from some pics, it looks like there is a rectangular raised box on the floor under the console. I am assuming that is where the hot foot would be mounted, but it looks like it may take up some valuable leg room or put it an awkward angle?

I looks like the access to the bilge is small. I would definitely want to run 3 31 series batteries and possibly 2 Power Poles. Is there ample room for that. Are the battery trays sized for the larger batteries/ plastic or aluminum?

Do you use a but seat up front or stand? Curious as to how the but seat would work with the forward TM foot pedal?

The SP has the standard 10 Gal kicker tank I don't need it, not sure if it can be deleted or even if that's a good idea if it is possible?
    Does the kicker tank have a separate fill?

How is the standard keel guard? I know the Hamby's are good to go.

The standard trailer on the SP package is 3 inch spring axle. Does anyone have the pop axle? Has anyone upgraded from the 3 inch to 4 inch and was it worth it?

What is the Advantage Package option? I know to get the 4 inch trailer its required, but what else does it include?

Do you have any other options you would recommend?
    Pro Trim
    Deck Lighting
    Audio
    USB Power

2. Member
    I’m sure a BassCat rep will come along shortly to answer your great questions.

Unless you are very tall the cockpit space is plenty. Trays can be ordered with alum and all hold 31 groups. Get he Hamby's. Get the deck lighting, trim, USB. Get a 200 HP and hang on. It is a great boat that handles extremely well. Once you get used to the forward position you will like it. yes you can use the butt seat up there.

it looks like there is a rectangular raised box on the floor under the console. I am assuming that is where the hot foot would be mounted, but it looks like it may take up some valuable leg room or put it an awkward angle?

>This is the Hot Foot riser and you don’t realize the hull is angled under that so the flat is elevated. The Hot Foot can’t go angled with the hull.

I looks like the access to the bilge is small
    I would definitely want to run 3 31 series batteries and possibly 2 Power Poles. Is there ample room for that. Are the battery trays sized for the larger batteries/ plastic or aluminum?

>The door is smaller due to rear deck arrangement And storage lid sizes. You should have ample room and the bilge are not hard to access like most boats. The open area is very accessible. 31 series batteries should fit fine. Power Poles are in many and the pumps have a few mounting options.

Do you use a but seat up front or stand? Curious as to how the but seat would work with the forward TM foot pedal?

>Most leave the butt seat and younger anglers opt not to. The butt seat is located where it has been on BCB models for decades in relationship to the recess. BCB air the first with the recessed trolling motor feature and the location was adapted for tournament style anglers. It also works well with a sit down folding seat.

The SP has the standard 10 Gal kicker tank I don't need it, not sure if it can be deleted or even if that's a good idea if it is possible?

>You could delete it, though you also may be better off just not using it due to resale. The kicker is a separate fill and the tank have a selector.

>You can upgrade to the Hamby.

The standard trailer on the SP package is 3 inch spring axle. Does anyone have the pop axle? Has anyone upgraded from the 3 inch to 4 inch and was it worth it?

>If you are like most the 3” tandem is ample and you can add Pop Axles to it.

What is the Advantage Package option? I know to get the 4 inch trailer its required, but what else does it include?

>That’s something a dealer can answer and the listing we don’t have. We can get the factory to list the equipment though it will not be nearly what the SP Series has.

Pro Trim
    Deck Lighting
    Audio
    USB Power

>That’s all your choice!
    >Thank you,

>BCB

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    it looks like there is a rectangular raised box on the floor under the console. I am assuming that is where the hot foot would be mounted, but it looks like it may take up some valuable leg room or put it an awkward angle?

>This is the Hot Foot riser and you don’t realize the hull is angled under that so the flat is elevated. The Hot Foot can’t go angled with the hull.

I looks like the access to the bilge is small
    I would definitely want to run 3 31 series batteries and possibly 2 Power Poles. Is there ample room for that. Are the battery trays sized for the larger batteries/ plastic or aluminum?

>The door is smaller due to rear deck arrangement And storage lid sizes. You should have ample room and the bilge are not hard to access like most boats. The open area is very accessible. 31 series batteries should fit fine. Power Poles are in many and the pumps have a few mounting options.

>Most leave the butt seat and younger anglers opt not to. The butt seat is located where it has been on BCB models for decades in relationship to the recess. BCB air the first with the recessed trolling motor feature and the location was adapted for tournament style anglers. It also works well with a sit down folding seat.

>You could delete it, though you also may be better off just not using it due to resale. The kicker is a separate fill and the tank have a selector.

>You can upgrade to the Hamby.

>If you are like most the 3” tandem is ample and you can add Pop Axles to it.

>That’s something a dealer can answer and the listing we don’t have. We can get the factory to list the equipment though it will not be nearly what the SP Series has.

Pro Trim
    Deck Lighting
    Audio
    USB Power

>That’s all your choice!
    >Thank you,

>BCB

Thanks for the info. It's hard to look at boats when there are not boats to look at.

6. Member
    I drove up from Ocala Florida to Hideaway Harbor Marine in Alabama. They are located near Tuscaloosa Alabama. They have a P2 in stock right now.
    Last edited by BassCatBrad; 01-10-2021 at 08:25 AM.
    Brad Krone

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatBrad View Post
    I drove up from Ocala Florida to Hideaway Harbor Marine in Alabama. They are located near Tuscaloosa Alabama. They have a P2 in stock right now.
    Roger That, I am also researching other dealers in that general area. I originally thought/hoped I would be able to work with a local dealer but it appears there is very limited inventory for all dealers, not just BC.

In the past I have preferred to work with a local dealer, seemed a better overall value for both of us. Convenient for me and they were able to offer me a good deal knowing they would get service and accessory work. BUT I guess times have changed. They can't show it if they aint got it.

We continue to be about half of needed inventory for the retail market, if not less. Dealers in general have the products on order, the ability to keep up is non existent now. Credit limits also become an issue, as dealers have a threshold amount they are able to support. Since we often focus on servicing dealerships and smaller operations, they are limited in physical room, showroom space and credit line in many cases. We build 12 model variations in bass models, to stock one (1) of each would require just under a million dollars in credit alone, especially with incoming sold orders.

Due to all of this, there is no doubt Bass Cat inventory is more limited than higher volume boat brands. Volumes possibly could be higher and we are operating at 20% higher volumes than a few months ago. Color options help though most dealers only stock one model variation in some models their area focuses on.

Larger dealerships do have more inventory like a Ross Motorsports, though often larger boats (Sam Rayburn) are their forte’. They don’t generally stock many Margay and Sabre FTD models at Ross Motorsports. In Virginia and Florida the volumes are more limited on market potential. Also, Lots of folks visit Florida fishing, though sales on bass boats are not huge. Which is why one particular non-BCB dealership handles multitudes of brands.

9. Member
    OP your info says Virginia/Florida so not sure where you are. I remember seeing a P2 at White Pine which is near Lake Douglas Tennessee. Sorry I just looked it’s a P. Classic. Anyways if you were in Virginia I thought I would mention.
    2013 Pantera 4
    2012 Opti 200 Pro XS
    25 Tempest

10. Member
    Yes I saw that. I travel between VA an FLA and depending where TN is about halfway. In any case I have been researching Dealers in between. I am 90% sure it will be a P2 so the decision becomes buy one now and settle on colors or wait 3-4 months and select colors/options.

Part of the problem is it has been years since I have been in a Cat and am less familiar with the forward trolling motor layout?

11. Member
    The forward trolling motor pedal took me 1/2 a day to get used to. Now I won't own anything but a BassCat, partly due to the forward pedal.
    Brad Krone

Quote Originally Posted by BassCatBrad View Post
    The forward trolling motor pedal took me 1/2 a day to get used to. Now I won't own anything but a BassCat, partly due to the forward pedal.
    This is the correct answer