Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    First up, this is a great forum, I've been lurking for a while and managed to get my rough Evinrude Vindicator running smooth with the tips on here (use Champion plugs, gapped correctly, Seafoam treatment). Thanks!

This post is very timely as I am struggling to remove the bolts holding my wobble brackets which need replacing. Regarding changing over the hardware, is it recommended to use any grease or maybe a thread locker when replacing U brackets/bolts on a gal trailer?

It's not actually the brackets that need replacing, but some of the rollers/washers are so badly rusted they are fused to the bar, so I can't see any alternative, unless anyone has any suggestion?

Cheers

Welcome..
    Most nuts for shackles and U-bolts are some type of self locking. But if not- loctite won't hurt either way.
    IMO-- a dab of grease is good on most any threads that are going to be dunked in the water. Although some will tell you it changes the torque numbers and there is some validity.. I put a dab on lug nuts just so they don't grow to the stud and have to be twisted off.
    Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12