Thread: Livewell lights

Livewell lights

I have a 2000 518vx and want to replace original lights with led. The hole for original is larger than any replacement lights I've looked at/purchased. It appears to be about a 1" hole (haven't measured it) and the largest replacements I can find are 7/8". Does anyone have any suggestions for replacement lights?
    2000 Ranger 518vx - 2019 Mercury Pro xs 200

2. Member
    If they are the round clear dome looking lens like what I have in my '04, you could buy LED lamps that will fit in those existing lamp sockets / housings.
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M-D View Post
    If they are the round clear dome looking lens like what I have in my '04, you could buy LED lamps that will fit in those existing lamp sockets / housings.
    What size bulbs, T-10?

4. Member
    I cannot recall exactly what style it was. Not 100% positive but I think all of the courtesy lights take the same style lamp and I do think it is a wedge style base. Do you not have any lamps in the boat now that you could remove to confirm the type?
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M-D View Post
    I cannot recall exactly what style it was. Not 100% positive but I think all of the courtesy lights take the same style lamp and I do think it is a wedge style base. Do you not have any lamps in the boat now that you could remove to confirm the type?
    They are T-10, I had a few spares and tried them and they fit. As for the other lights in my boat, I took them out and replaced with led strips (in the compartments and under the console) with the exception of the courtesy lamp on the outside of my console. For that one I ordered an led replacement.