Thread: 2021 Pantera 2

2021 Pantera 2

Looking at buying a new Pantera 2. For the current owners of a Pantera 2, I have a few questions. I’ve been in Rangers for 23 years and am out just for the same reason most others imply. So the boat is skinny and I’m concerned about the teetering, listing or rocking when walking from side to side. Never fished in a cat and I’m sure the bigger cats might not. And I know most or all boats will teeter but some more than others. My other question is around the driver/passenger seats. They are comfortable for sure but they seem to sit very high. Anyone else notice the seats?
    As far as cat ownership, I get it. Built well, ride is super and the service is all there.
    Any support will be great.

2. Member
    I have a 2018 PII, yes it does rock a tad when my 250lb partner stands on one one of sides in that back, but it is not that bad. I'm 6'4" and do not notice sitting any higher then my old Skeeter or Triton. It is a bad ass 19ft rocket...lol.. I think you will love it.
    Brad Krone

3. Member
    Coming out of a Ranger you will definitely notice the boat moving with a partner in the back. Alone up front it’s not an issue at all.
    My buddy has a new Nitro which is close to the Ranger in width. When I fish with him the boat is solid. When he is with me in my PII I notice his movements in the back deck.
    The PII is more performance oriented. With that comes give in take in certain areas.
    For my experience fishing two in the boat his Nitro is much better. Fishing the front of the boat is much better in the PII.
    I have fished his nitro from the front and the PII responds much better to TM inputs and the forward place TM foot pedal is also better.

It’s all in what you want from your fishing platform.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatBrad View Post
    I have a 2018 PII, yes it does rock a tad when my 250lb partner stands on one one of sides in that back, but it is not that bad. I'm 6'4" and do not notice sitting any higher then my old Skeeter or Triton. It is a bad ass 19ft rocket...lol.. I think you will love it.

Thank you for your response. Much appreciated. I'm not much into speed but the fishability of the boat. However, I do fish large bodies of water in Arkansas and the capabilities of going into rough water is intriguing for sure with the cat. And I typically fish alone so this might be my rig.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    Coming out of a Ranger you will definitely notice the boat moving with a partner in the back. Alone up front it’s not an issue at all.
    My buddy has a new Nitro which is close to the Ranger in width. When I fish with him the boat is solid. When he is with me in my PII I notice his movements in the back deck.
    The PII is more performance oriented. With that comes give in take in certain areas.
    For my experience fishing two in the boat his Nitro is much better. Fishing the front of the boat is much better in the PII.
    I have fished his nitro from the front and the PII responds much better to TM inputs and the forward place TM foot pedal is also better.

It’s all in what you want from your fishing platform.

Don
    Thanks Don. Appreciate your input for sure. I'm typically by myself fishing and occasionally with fish tournaments. You are right, everything is forward and BassCat takes full advantage of every inch of the bow. Standing in the front and looking back you seem to really notice how narrow it is. Also impressed with the finish of the boat. Everything was tight from the lids and especially like there is more glass than plastic.

6. Member
    Sorry if this is not the right way to approach this, but I did not think it needed its own thread.

When you see a P2 on a lot with the dual console graph console, can that boat be changed to single, or does it have to be ordered that way?

7. Member
    You can go single. They’ll do about whatever you want. As far as a p2 goes, my son is buying his first new boat as we speak. He was going back and forth between the p2 and classic. Ultimately he chose the classic for 2 reasons. He likes the front deck better and the cockpit. In The classic cockpit he felt more comfortable than the p2. The p2 he felt like he was sitting to high. Just the personal preference he has. Both boats are beautiful either way.
    2020 BassCat Cougar FTD SP
    2020 250 Pro SX
    #Denalirods #Powerpole
    #PowerhouseLithium
    #Powerpole Move

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle View Post
    You can go single.
    I am not sure I was clear. To be safe, I was talking about the single console with the dual graphs. I was wondering if dealers can change this to the single graph type where the graph is in the middle instead of that circular gauge.

9. Member
    Not sure on that. I looks like it can be done but... not a very big unit. Curious as to why only one dash graph?
    2020 BassCat Cougar FTD SP
    2020 250 Pro SX
    #Denalirods #Powerpole
    #PowerhouseLithium
    #Powerpole Move

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    I am not sure I was clear. To be safe, I was talking about the single console with the dual graphs. I was wondering if dealers can change this to the single graph type where the graph is in the middle instead of that circular gauge.
    I know it's not what you asked but since the Classic was mentioned earlier in the thread...I have a 12in graph flush in the dash on mine and the wider front deck is not tippy at all. It also has two options for the placement of the foot pedal, either all the way forward or back a few inches for those of us who don't want to fish off the nose. I fond it to be a very stable platform.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    The PII and PII SP come with different set ups for graphs.
    I'm sure you could set your SP up with a single graph and keep the costs nearly the same depending on the graph selected.
    They place the gauges on the left side of the console on the standard PII.

SP

PII

Don
    Last edited by Cajunhunter67; 01-09-2021 at 02:31 AM.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

12. Member
    who makes the round mounts of the classic in the picture? might work on my stratos?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle View Post
    Not sure on that. I looks like it can be done but... not a very big unit. Curious as to why only one dash graph?
    I just don't want two units there. I currently have a Carbon 12, and given the versatility of that unit, I would never have a use for two.