Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mercury Extended Warranty?

Just Bought a new 250 XS, and I'm thinking about buying the extended warranty. The best price that I've received was $675.00 for an additional two years of platinum and it was like $2400 for an extra five years of platinum warranty, which would give me a total of eight years of warranty.

Does this sound like reasonable pricing?

I've never really had any major expensive repairs with any outboard that I've ever owned, so I'm on the fence about the extended warranty.

What do you think about an extended warranty?

2. Member
    sounds in the range of what I paid 3 years ago for coverage on a 150xs

Highly likely you will never need it. I am 6 years into my 8 without the first problem. This is insurance against the worst case.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

3. Member
    If it was me I would keep shopping. You can purchase as much extended coverage that you want so long as it is purchased before the Original warranty is not expiref. That way if you sell the boat, something changes, or you can find a better price you are not out nothing. When I purchased my warranty for my 2014, Don Weed, European Marine offered the best price for me,

2023 Phoenix 920 Elite
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 4S

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beallright View Post
    If it was me I would keep shopping. You can purchase as much extended coverage that you want so long as it is purchased before the Original warranty is not expiref. That way if you sell the boat, something changes, or you can find a better price you are not out nothing. When I purchased my warranty for my 2014, Don Weed, European Marine offered the best price for me,
    I think the longer you wait the higher the price at least that is how I interpreted it when I received the quote.

5. Banned
    Save the money in case of a repair, odds are it wont need a repair that cost what you pay, or they wouldn't sell if for that price.

You can do a lot better on pricing.
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

7. Member
    check with Don Weed on pricing, I would buy the warranty and get it for as many years as possible also tends to make it easier to sell if warranty is still remaining.

8. Member
    I buy my boats in Florida but I get the extended warranties from one of the out of state board sponsors due to no sales tax and lower prices. Prices vary so shop them. Jetta Marine and C&O Marine have been good in the past to me.

$2,400 for five years of Platinum warranty on a Mercury 250 ProXS sounds like a good price - but shop it. The extended warranty really helps with resale,

Quote Originally Posted by rakkc View Post
    check with Don Weed on pricing, I would buy the warranty and get it for as many years as possible also tends to make it easier to sell if warranty is still remaining.
    This X 100

10. Member
    I checked with one of the premier site sponsors, and these were the rates quoted. I bought the engine about three months ago, so I guess the longer you wait the higher the price.

1 Year: $1165
    2 Years: $1980
    3 Years: $2725
    4 Years: $3460
    5 Years: $4170

To be honest, all these outboard engines should come with a 5 year standard warranty out the gate for what they cost.

11. Member
    I want to give a big shout out to C & O marine in TN.

I spoke to the owner, and he was SUPER NICE, and took his time going over a few things about my motor that I wasn't aware of, so I really appreciate the help. They were VERY PROFESSIONAL talking to them over the phone.
    Last edited by crappielabrador; 01-08-2021 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crappielabrador View Post
    Just Bought a new 250 XS, and I'm thinking about buying the extended warranty. The best price that I've received was $675.00 for an additional two years of platinum and it was like $2400 for an extra five years of platinum warranty, which would give me a total of eight years of warranty.

I've never really had any major expensive repairs with any outboard that I've ever owned, so I'm on the fence about the extended warranty.

Cut the $2,400.00 in half and your in the ball park.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Where can you get the warranty for five years for $1,200? The quotes I've gotten has ranged from $2,400 to $4,170 for the 5yr platinum extended warranty. I'm probably just going to do the extra two years for $675.00.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crappielabrador View Post

I am just curious how you bought a new 2 stroke. Still some out there?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Send me a PM to get 2 years of platinum upgrade and platinum out to 8 years total for $1200.00

$3000.00 - $4100 has been the range quoted for 2 year up and 3 year extension of PLATINUM for a total of 8 YEARS of PLATINUM.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZII View Post
    Send me a PM to get 2 years of platinum upgrade and platinum out to 8 years total for $1200.00

$3000.00 - $4100 has been the range quoted for 2 year up and 3 year extension of PLATINUM for a total of 8 YEARS of PLATINUM.
    Jazz, IM sent
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Steel View Post
    Jazz, IM sent
    I'm not quoting!

I was asking ifishinxs to PM me the place for that LOW impossible quote!

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZII View Post
    I'm not quoting!

I was asking ifishinxs to PM me the place for that LOW impossible quote!

I would also like to know where you can get the extra five years for around $1,200. Lowest quote I’ve gotten is around $2,400.00. Please send me a message with details. Thanks guys.

Also, this is for a 4s and not a 2s.

19. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Check with Travelers Boat In surance. It covers mechanical break down on the entire motor.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

20. Member
    Don Weed at European Marine has the best prices. Get the longest you can afford and go with platinum. I hold my boats for about 5-6 years and the extended warranty is great differentiator amongst a sea of seemingly identical used boats. They also often pay for themselves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast