Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crappielabrador View Post
    Where can you get the warranty for five years for $1,200? The quotes I've gotten has ranged from $2,400 to $4,170 for the 5yr platinum extended warranty. I'm probably just going to do the extra two years for $675.00.
    First- it's not "Extended Warranty". Mercury engines come with a Factory Warranty: For pleasure use, that's 3 Years. Anything beyond that is a SERVICE CONTRACT (Mercury offers two levels, GOLD or PLATINUM).

Product Protection Plans (Service Contracts) must be purchase PRIOR TO the end of the Factory Warranty. There are price increases per contract (surcharges) at the 1 year or 2 year Anniversary of original registration. If upgrading and extending, that is TWO contracts (and potentially two surcharges).

GOLD and PLATINUM are the two coverage levels.

Gold is quite limited in what it covers, and is considerably less expensive.

Platinum covers considerably more components as it adds much of the electrical system and fuel system.

The PRICING depends on what engine model, as well as when the Factory Warranty ends. Thus, quotes are Serial Number SPECIFIC.

There's a HUGE difference between buying 5 years of Platinum for a 40hp Fourstroke when NEW, and buying 5 years for a 400 2.5 years after original purchase.

Feel free to email me your serial number and I will be happy to provide a quote specific to your engine (including special BBC member pricing).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

2. Member
    I always felt outboard warranty should be based on run time hours or X number of years whichever comes first with the years being more than whats being offered at present. A Minnesota fishermans boat is stored during the long winter but the warranty clock is still ticking. A Florida fisherman fishes year round. I believe my idea would be alot more fair to the Northern fisherman who are paying the same price but getting less on their investment. It would be more along the lines of new car warranties.

3. Member
    PM sent Don!

4. Member
    My dealer does offer a 5 year on all the Mercs they sell, but in looking at it closely years 4 and 5 basically are power head and LU warranty. Things like stator, alternator, injector pump are not covered in years 4 and 5. I was quoted the same number ($675) as OP on Merc paperwork a few weeks ago to keep warranty at Platinum level for years 4-5. I'm almost at the end of my 3rd year of warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by crappielabrador View Post
    I checked with one of the premier site sponsors, and these were the rates quoted. I bought the engine about three months ago, so I guess the longer you wait the higher the price.

1 Year: $1165
    2 Years: $1980
    3 Years: $2725
    4 Years: $3460
    5 Years: $4170

To be honest, all these outboard engines should come with a 5 year standard warranty out the gate for what they cost.
    2018 Ranger 521C, 2023 Merc 250 Pro XS 4S (3B261295), 36V Ultrex, 10" Atlas, Power Poles, Lowrance 12 Carbon, and 2-12 Lives.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick2268 View Post
    My dealer does offer a 5 year on all the Mercs they sell, but in looking at it closely years 4 and 5 basically are power head and LU warranty. Things like stator, alternator, injector pump are not covered in years 4 and 5. I was quoted the same number ($675) as OP on Merc paperwork a few weeks ago to keep warranty at Platinum level for years 4-5. I'm almost at the end of my 3rd year of warranty.
    That's NOT a 5 year WARRANTY.

That's a 3 year Warranty, and a 2 year GOLD Product Protection Plan (aka: Service Contract) that covers most major Mechanical Components of the Powerhead and Gearcase. Those last two years are VERY different from Warranty.

And in your case- once that final THIRD year of Factory Warranty ends, you cannot purchase or upgrade Product Protection Plans.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    I got 8yr platinum for like 1200 on my 175 during the spring fishing classic at bass pro
    2017 Z18
    175 ProXS
    Dual Poles
    Ultrex
    2 Garmin 93SV+

Quote Originally Posted by jg379 View Post
    I got 8yr platinum for like 1200 on my 175 during the spring fishing classic at bass pro
    Yeap!
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jg379 View Post
    That would be a 5-year plan (in addition to the 3 year Factory Warranty).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12