Deciding to shoot in low light conditions

I'm sure the obvious answer is if you cant see don't shoot, but you guys know they often come out with minutes left before shooting time ends. Unable to see with the naked eye, can see the body with binoculars, and can only see the mainframes with the scope. All situations are unique. I don't get chances very often at a decent buck.

What do you guys use to determine to take a shot or not.

If I cant assure myself of my target and beyond I'm not shooting. I've passed on several because of low light and have no regrets.

Not smart to shoot for safety reasons and also bad shot could injure the buck and not be able to find it

Some people throw safety out the window because they want a deer so bad. Not worth it!
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

Unless you are 100% sure of your target you do not pull the trigger.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

6. Banned
    i will not shoot in low light or anytime if i do not feel confident,of a quick kill.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    Unless you are 100% sure of your target you do not pull the trigger.
    Rule #2 in gun safety class...........

8. Member
    legal shooting light is 30 minutes before sunrise or after. weather stations gives the times.

9. Banned
    Here in NC hours for legal shooting is well defined by the time of which can vary form one city to the next or one county to the next. Actual sunset and sunrise can vary by a minute or several minutes just a few miles down the road. Legal shooting on a normal clear weather day would be ok with just about anybody who has ever hunted. On those cloudy days or cloudy & rainy days then, the light needed to see well enough without a doubt is greatly reduced. As all of us experienced hunters have experienced during our times hunting you need not fire at anything unless you are 100% positive of everything in and around the target and you are certain of the outcome. A man has to know his limitations in anything he partakes in.