Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    15-20 at the most.

I only keep what i need for the day in my boat. Soft plastics hang on peg board in my garage. If i run low in the boat i grab what i need off the peg board. When i get low on the prg board i order more. Much easier to keep track of what i need this way.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

3. Member
    If you know how many bags you have--then you don't have enough.

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I cut way down a couple of years ago, but still have about 80 bags in the boat. My problem is, I’ve been at this for so long that I have dozens of really effective colors in several different types of soft plastic baits. A lot of the fun of fishing, for me, is experimenting with different colors in the “bait of the day” to find the one they are biting the best. And it seems like a waste every time I look on the pegboard in the garage and see bags of baits that I know would catch fish if I only tried them, but they never get a chance if they’re not in the boat. Of course, with 80 bags of plastics in the boat, no matter how well they are organized, I often don’t lay eyes on some of them all year! Full disclosure: I live halfway between Lake Erie and some very shallow, stained inland lakes. So the variety of soft plastics that I use spans a lot of different presentations for largemouth in 6 inches of water to smallmouth in 30 feet.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

5. Banned
    8-10 maybe

Worms and creature baits - 20-25
    Assorted trailers for a wide variety of lures - 15-20
    All in the original packages.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

7. Member
    Too many!

8. Member
    Way too many!
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

9. Member
    During spawn I end up having a lot of plastics in the boat due to trying different colors and styles to get a bed fish to hit it lol. But for the most part I try to keep it to 5-6 packs of the main stuff I use and have 1-2 of other random things I might use and then refill them before the next trip.
    Fish have fins, they swim

10. Member
    10-12 in the boat based on water body, season, & weather. 30-40 when on vacation. Hundreds in the garage.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

Way way to many in boat and garage... wish I could sell them for the price I paid for them, I could be pimping around in a big ranger with heated seats
    Last edited by Black Haze; 01-07-2021 at 09:00 AM.

12. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by smjunior25 View Post
    Me too!!! And the bad part is I don't use ALOT of the plastics I carry in the boat!!!
    Same here. I could fit the plastics I actually use in one deep 3700. The rest are just eye candy. Probably have well over 200 packs in the boat.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

13. Member
    Last winter I went through all of my plastics and got rid of a ton of stuff. I bought 6 plastic shoeboxes and organized them by type of bait, and that's what I keep in the boat now. Probably 15-20 bags per box. Each box weighs between 4 and 5.5 lbs. so roughly 30 pounds. Personally, I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. I have more at home on the pegboard to replace the stuff I use the most.

14. Member
    I would guess close to 100. Probably time to cut it back some ha

15. Member
    Since I've stopped carrying so much plastic in the boat, it has made me stop second-guessing myself while out on the water. It forces me to concentrate on the fishing aspect as opposed to "what if I try this particular color or bait instead??"...Also, I don't have a ton of storage in my smaller boat, so it makes finding and selecting my choices so much easier.

16. Banned
    Man, only use around 5 but I'll bet I have more than 40. But, I have sooo much room in my BassCat and just keep them in the zipper tool bags you can get from WalMart. Better on the boat than in my basement. Anyone use those old BassPro shops ziplock softshell container? I've got one for my most used ones and its just great.
    It's not my fault I have so many. They all have so much promise when I see them at the store!

17. Member
    ya, i may would have a better guess if you said how many pounds. Bags? who knows. pounds, id say about 40 lbs.

Too much.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

19. Member
    Too much. I carry somewhere in the hundreds including double or triple of things I plow through on a good bite plus stuff at home. Every year I try to cut down what is on the boat but still end up with a bunch of stuff I never use.
    2006 Stratos 294 Pro XL.2005 Yamaha 200 VMAX 3.1L. 8" Hydro Dynamics Rapid Jack. Ultrex 112 I-Plot link. 2 Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N.

20. Member
    Way too many! I have two large speed bags, one small speed bag, two Plano Kryptec wraps, and at least two 3700's, all full to the brim. But wait, there's a few new purchases in a money bag also! I might try to sort and count tonight.
    2021 Vexus AVX 1880 Summit White
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast