Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Yes the primer will help starting. But is the primer working electrically.? Do you hear it click when you push on the key?

2. Member
    K. So repaired the primer. Started second crank. Finally getting this motor to its finest.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMabus View Post
    K. So repaired the primer. Started second crank. Finally getting this motor to its finest.

2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

4. Member
    Welp. So I have not posted much on this but this motor got us stranded at the THSBS regional bass tournament and was deeply frustrating. So it went to someone else. Determined the power bank was only hitting 4 fo the 6 cylinders. Then we determined that the jets were backing out of the housing. Fixed it and now my blazer straight clean rips.

5. Member
    I have updated this post some but I last posted in June. We took the boat out to be spectators at the BM classic in Fort Worth. We were having a great day until the lower unit finally ate itself. I ordered a new one from SEI recently and got it installed. During that time frame I have noticed a few things but the biggest is this. I am now on my 3rd rebuild of the primer pump top cap. For some odd reason each kit keeps shooting fuel out of the red valve on the top. It sure feels loose. Not sure what to think of this. I know it has a rubber o ring on it, but it is almost squirting fuel out. I was thinking about stretching another o-ring on the neck of it to see if it might hold better. I am also dealing with a slipped rubber gasket on one of my carbs?? Plan to fix both in short order. Starting to learn my way around this motor though.
    Last edited by RMabus; 10-04-2021 at 01:31 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12