Sun pass question?

I travel to Fla a few times a year coming from TN. I have a peach pass that says it now works in Fla. Pulling a boat, Sunpass says I need to register the trailer on the account. I cannot find a way to add a trailer to the Peach pass. Anyone have a workaround for this?

2. Member
    Yes, you need to register the trailer with sun pass. I have sunpass. The first couple times I went thru a local toll pulling my boat I got a bill in the mail. Found out I needed to add my trailer info to the account. After that, no issue

3. Member
    Ok Probably wrong here, but I used to pull my Center console to the keys every year and i thought they were able to count axles with the cameras, last time I went was 2019 ...I have a sun pass transponder and I don't remember having a problem..
    2016 Z521C Yamaha 250 SHO

4. Member
    You need to register the plate of the trailer on your sunpass account.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

5. Member
    Interesting, I never get a bill in the mail and I have never registered my boat trailer tag. Considering that they screwed me out of a couple hundred bucks it doesn’t hurt my feelings to get a few free tolls!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou22 View Post
    You need to register the plate of the trailer on your sunpass account.
    So how would that work if you are in a state where a boat trailer tag is not required? (Alabama)
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerJim View Post
    So how would that work if you are in a state where a boat trailer tag is not required? (Alabama)
    Most tolling stations take a picture of the license plate for billing. No plate? No bill!
    Last edited by Poppin' Frog; 01-05-2021 at 07:58 PM.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by L&B200M View Post
    Interesting, I never get a bill in the mail and I have never registered my boat trailer tag. Considering that they screwed me out of a couple hundred bucks it doesn’t hurt my feelings to get a few free tolls!
    If your tag is up under the boat the scanner may not see it well enough to capture it. Don't change anything lol!

I dont have the sun pass I have the peach pass. You can use both in either state now. I just cant figure out how to add the trailer to the peach pass as GA doesnt allow trailers on the express ways. And we dont have tags on trailers in TN. Is the bill more than the regular toll?
    Last edited by crazyju; 01-06-2021 at 07:38 AM.

10. Banned
    Bend the tag up.

11. Member
    Back in the day when the took your money at the booth. Buddy would save (money) by taking off one tire on the drivers side from the tandem. They would only charge one axle. He was so broke sometimes he would sell tackle to get home.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

I live in GA and have a Peach pass. You can use express lanes while towing in GA. You can't use Florida Express lanes while towing according to Sunpass website. I towed a boat on the FL Turnpike last year and didn't get charged.
    2018 Nitro Z18 w/175 HP Merc ProXs
    16ft Monark - all Electric (70#bow, 2x45# stern)

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Booster View Post
    I live in GA and have a Peach pass. You can use express lanes while towing in GA. You can't use Florida Express lanes while towing according to Sunpass website. I towed a boat on the FL Turnpike last year and didn't get charged.
    Saw a number of boats and campers on the Florida turnpike on a recent trip to Sebastian fl. I was curious and found this on the Florida turnpike FAQs.

BBF53AFF-B674-43B4-A4C1-661EF21EBA66.jpeg
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

14. Member
    I have had sunpass for years and have never added my trailer to the account. It will count the number of axles and take the additional money out of your account automatically.

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades

Quote Originally Posted by Booster View Post
    I just got off the phone with a GA peach pass rep and she told me I could not tow in GA express lanes. I asked here where that was states and she did not know?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyju View Post
    I just got off the phone with a GA peach pass rep and she told me I could not tow in GA express lanes. I asked here where that was states and she did not know?
    You can't tow in FL's Express lanes either. Not to be confused with our Turnpike system, where you can tow.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

17. Member
    I tow a few different trailers. Bay boat, tracker, ect and I have not registered any of them on my sunpass. I have never received a bill so just assumed they are charging my account the added axel fees. I would not stress it honestly. On my annual Canada trip there is a random toll over a bridge that I just pay when I get the bill.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou22 View Post
    You can't tow in FL's Express lanes either. Not to be confused with our Turnpike system, where you can tow.
    Good Catch.

Express Lanes or those lanes that allow you with more than 1 person in the car by-pass the Reguar Lanes ARE DIFFERENT than regular Turnpikes or Toll Roads.

As to Florida Sun Pass I have all my Vehicles and Trailer Plates listed on my one Sun Pass. I can use the Transponder in any of them.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye1 View Post
    Good Catch.

Express Lanes or those lanes that allow you with more than 1 person in the car by-pass the Reguar Lanes ARE DIFFERENT than regular Turnpikes or Toll Roads.
    Thanks. Good clarification on what express lanes are.
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

20. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    That’s news to me (thanks) about the express lames since I use them every time I’m on any toll road between Gainesville to Okeechobee. If the trailer has no tag they cannot ID the owner of the vehicle. I wouldn’t stress it.

Yes they have admin fees. My brother decided to renew the temp tag when I gave him my old truck last month. I just received a sunpass bill with two tolls for .78 each and an admin fee of 2.50. What a waste of 3 pages of paper!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV