Best Time to fish Dale Hollow

I live about 5 hours away. Whats the best time to fish Dale Hollow. I live on a deep resevoir in Northeast TN will DH be the same?
    2004 Stratos 285 Pro XL 150 Johnson

2. Member
    My .02 is late April or early May for numbers.... that window also fits well with how I love to fish so take it with a grain of salt... SM are off bed and hungry and pretty predictable during that time and moving baits are pretty reliable....
    There are much better sticks on that lake than myself so I'm sure you will get some more input.

3. Member
    My favorite time of the year is now, but I love a good jig bite. Followed by Mid-march for big pre-spawn fish. However, I agree with Ledgeman. If you want to just catch a bunch of fish and some good ones, Early May is your best bet. Spinnerbaits, Swimbaits, grubs, flukes, etc.

4. Member
    agree with Ledgeman

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tnsportsman86 View Post
    I live about 5 hours away. Whats the best time to fish Dale Hollow. I live on a deep resevoir in Northeast TN will DH be the same?
    Watuagua or South Holston?

6. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Dec-Apr

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

7. Member
    Right now through April

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    Watuagua or South Holston?
    Watauga

9. Member
    Watauga
    I fished that lake 2 days last June and only caught 3 bass.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    I fished that lake 2 days last June and only caught 3 bass.
    Best way to catch them in June is topwater in green trees until sun comes up. After that senko in trees and crankbait. June was my best month on Watauga this year. Usually I catch them really good February thru June. Next time your down holler at me and well go. I live 10 minutes from the lake.

11. Member
    Best way to catch them in June is topwater in green trees until sun comes up. After that senko in trees and crankbait. June was my best month on Watauga this year. Usually I catch them really good February thru June. Next time your down holler at me and well go. I live 10 minutes from the lake.

I dont want to pull this off topic but what is the prominent species in that lake? I use to work around the area and always wanted to fish it.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NumberOne View Post
    I dont want to pull this off topic but what is the prominent species in that lake? I use to work around the area and always wanted to fish it.
    Honestly you can catch SM LM or spots anytime of the year. It has a really good population of all three species. Many of our tournaments have mixed bags depending on how you like to fish. If you like shallow LM fishing then go up river. If you like deep SM stay close to dam. April and May you can pick your poison and fish how ever you like. I have seen SM and LM laying next to each other in the Spring.