Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    hides are worthless this year.

That is a good haul op.

2. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    My son said he got 8 another night. He is using thermal to hunt them at night. Just became legal here with a rifle this year. I have been researching thermals. I have been considering a 300 blackout.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

Thermal is definitely the way to go. Its addictive, that is a warning. Already pondering another.

4. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yetti462 View Post
    Thermal is definitely the way to go. Its addictive, that is a warning. Already pondering another.
    If you don't mind, what are you using and what are you considering?
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC

Bring Back Gluten!!!

Im currently using a bering optic hogster25. I sold a pulsar and all my NV stuff and going to get a bering super hogster and keep the hog25 for scanning or mount on a buddy rifle.

6. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Im currently using a bering optic hogster25. I sold a pulsar and all my NV stuff and going to get a bering super hogster and keep the hog25 for scanning or mount on a buddy rifle.
    The guys killing these used pulsars
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC

Bring Back Gluten!!!

Roddy - check these guys out. You can rent one to try out and apply the rental fee toward purchase of a new one.

https://ultimatenightvision.com/rentals/

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
    The hogsters are cheaper than pulsar and do better in humidity. Another plus is you can program 4 rifles into the scope. another plus is 4 yr. warranty.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    Any hunting tips? We have a bunch where I deer hunt and around home? I have an AR and cheap electronic call. Only tried a couple of times with no luck. Hear them all the time and see them when bow hunting.
    Daylight yote hunting is a lot like turkey hunting except they have excellent noses so you have to factor in scent control too. Should be plenty of Youtube videos on how to get started but these days a lot of them concentrate on night hunting or using decoy dogs (which looks cool as he11). Here in the northeast it can be tough to get them out into the open just to get a glimpse let alone getting a shot. Sometimes they'll come in and leave without you even knowing. The young, dumb ones are fun when they come charging straight in though. I've brought them right to my boot laces a couple of times and that'll wake you up.

10. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    A hogster R 35 may be in my future.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC

Bring Back Gluten!!!

They are smart as hell is the problem. Had one coming in while I was sitting still and it went behind some brush. The next time I saw it , he was heading back the other way. wind was in my face too and I never moved. I would sure like to get good at dropping these rodents for te exact reason of the original poster.

I miss those all nighters hitting some yotes!

13. Georgia Bass Club Moderator fishnfool38's Avatar
    That is a haul for sure...love it!

Nice job!.....A friend of mine in Maine gets about $30 per pelt
    Dawnpatrol.
    Goin Fishing be home for Hunting Season !!!!!!!!!

15. Banned
    Cool. Great way to get some thinning done.

16. Member
    A guy around ENC is live trapping them & selling to fox pens for $100 a peice...When they have big field trials in the pen the yotes will climb out then after a few days this guy will try & retrap them & resale back to pen owner..They mark them so they know its worked some..Some think u can eradicate them, a biologist told me once they show up they are there to stay..best way ive heard to kill them in ENC is to stake a dead deer carcass to the ground, get in a treestand, get the wind right bout 100yards away & hang on..they just dont come to calls in this area for many reasons..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123