Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    I'm a Megabass fan but my next choice would be the McStick. I know some anglers who have had a lot of success on the Mississippi with the McStick.

2. Banned
    Vision 110 followed by the rerange then a mcstick and I just got some of the yo-zuri 3db's to try.

MB-110----KDS---STX

4. Member
    Y'all fish jerkbaits all year? I fish what they call "highland reservoirs" with mostly spotted bass. Never heard much about hard jerkbaits being hot but for a fact there are times when a fluke is the only thing they'll hit. I have a few, 6 or 7, that have never hit the water.

Quote Originally Posted by JK9027 View Post
    Y'all fish jerkbaits all year? I fish what they call "highland reservoirs" with mostly spotted bass. Never heard much about hard jerkbaits being hot but for a fact there are times when a fluke is the only thing they'll hit. I have a few, 6 or 7, that have never hit the water.

Yes all year long, and very effective.

6. Member
    Academy H2o...knockoffs....they catch.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

7. Member
    I know a bunch of New England guys who throw jerkbaits all year long.
    Red Sox in 6!

8. Member
    Yeah, Bass eat minnows all year.

There are times when other baits may be better, but you can catch fish in August on a jerkbait.

9. Member
    I'm throwing bomber long a's a lot This year. Got a great collection now after a bunch of drunken purchases on the swap board. Great summer bass bait. I'm also gonna have a spinning rod ready for floating rapalas and rogues.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

Quote Originally Posted by Alumicraft145 View Post
    I'm throwing bomber long a's a lot This year. Got a great collection now after a bunch of drunken purchases on the swap board. Great summer bass bait. I'm also gonna have a spinning rod ready for floating rapalas and rogues.
    That long A is often overlooked. Its a good one!

11. Member
    all year round, including
    Seminole.

Strike King KVD works very nicely. Price is a bit higher than I'd like, but a lot less than others. Can't say the color selection is what I'd like, tho. In fact, not many of the Japanese brands have colors I'd feel confident in.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

13. Member
    One that the hooks I’ve removed wouldn’t get back into the fish as I try to remove the other ones. If one day I get a handful of hooks it will be with a jerk bait.
    I like Big Bass, I cannot lie

14. Member
    Megabass Vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Williep99 View Post
    One that the hooks I’ve removed wouldn’t get back into the fish as I try to remove the other ones. If one day I get a handful of hooks it will be with a jerk bait.
    That subject came up in the boat once, and it was unanimous. Two trebles are a LOT easier to deal with than three.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

Lucky Strike RC STX is a great starter. Cheap and they catch fish!

17. Member
    What are you throwing them on BC or spinning? Rod is important and the correlation to the jerkbait you are using. some jerkbaits are subtle don't have much action some need more "crack of the rod" to perform optimally. To light of a rod with the wrong jerkbait...too stiff of a rod and to aggressive of a jerkbait...you get where I am going. The rod doesn't have to be expensive. Abu/shimano/st. croix rods are under rated in my opinion meaning a Medium is a bit more stout than a different companies Medium so that "power or faster tip/ upper section" may be something to look into. Spinning rod 6'3" - 7' Medium/fast can handle 78's up to 110 size (typically all I throw). Casting rod I used was a Okuma TCS 6'6" or 7' M+ I ended up selling the 6'6" it could only handle the light stuff but the 7' handled up to 110 size before i switched to spinning rod jerks.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

18. Member
    Lucky Craft Pointer 78, 78dd and 100
    Megabass 110 and 110+1

All jerkbaits will catch fish but these have done the best for me through the years.

20210121_171441.jpg
    Got all mine ready to go

20. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Williep99 View Post
    The first time I fished, hell met, Hez from this board I caught a 12” on a 110. I was making fun of it and when I reached for it that little bass-turd stuck one treble through my right pointer finger. He just kept flapping around on the middle treble. Then as I tried to grab him he stuck the rear treble through my left ring finger!

I was now cuffed to this tiny little bass who finally flopped off and back into the water. I had never had a hook in me before but Walter calmly suggested we try to get them out..

I asked if he could do the string trick and he said we’ll see.... He got them both out first tug which amazed me!

We fished for a couple more hours and I finally wussed out and asked if he minded going in? He said he figured we were going straight to the ramp after what happened. There was a lot of blood and 2 swollen hands but he got my back that day! Now we fish together as often as we can.

Back to jerkbaits!
    I use 3; the MB110, Strike King 200, and Rapala Shadow Rap Shad 09

These 3 have different depths, wobbles, and reactions to working them. In Florida I use a jb all year long. 3 of my 5 keepers last weekend in a tourney came on a Strike King in Bone and it was 38 degrees.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast